Close your eyes and sit down in your favorite chair people. I'm going to take you back in time to NJ's Long Branch and let you imagine you are back there in the 1950's through the 1980's.

It's now a crown jewel for the developers, Mayor, town council, and all the people who had the "vision" to create Pier Village and the resulting 5,372 1/2 luxury condos and apartments. All revenue-producing for the town, which is no longer strapped for cash like it used to be.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HMcurrent2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	8906

Name:	windmill orig2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	8909

It's "beautiful" now with the chic shops, mocha latte places, health spas, upscale jewlers, restaurants, everything needed to make Long Branch a sparkling Monmouth County success story, right?

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	8907

Name:	large_DSCF2074a.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	8908

None of that impresses me. I still fish there, day, night, whenever I can get down. Recent conversations with people who frequented that town made me realize how much I missed out on.

Name:	IMG_2854.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	8910

Name:	718-808.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	8911

I can't go back in time, but I'm gonna bring a slice of old-time Long Branch life to you people. I'm hoping that some people will read this, and add more memories.

Feel free to jump in with your comments, pics, and stories as I share with you some of the things that made Long Branch the entertainment capital of Monmouth County, and the fishing mecca of NJ, for decades until the fire on June 8,1987.