CCCHFA:

(In this pic the CCCHFA are seated on the bench behind the table. You can see them to the extreme right. The pics are terrible, sorry)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6584.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	9317

The ccchfa and Exec Director Sue Nickerson got to the table and explained their opposition, basically job loss and financial hardship.

I thought they did a decent job of explaining their issues. Some of them I may not agree with, but I agreed with the way they presented them. It was hard for the legislators not to pay attention with person after person on the Comm side willing to testify, AND stacks of letters and e-mails presented to them.

Most of the rest of the comments are from Comms. They far outnumbered the Recs. I estimated approx 80 Comms showed up.

The Recs, inclluding the SF group, numbered around 30-40 at most.

I had heard that sf was supposed to have 55 of its own members there. Additionally, I hoped there would be others to balance things out. It was kind of sad to see so many people talk about this stuff on internet sites. Then when it's time for them to show up, very few do.

If you ever think you want to oppose the Comms, you must realize that they will turn out in full force. They will go to meetings and voice their opinions. I realize a lot of people had to work that day, things happen. My impression was that it was a poor turnout for the Recs, considering how many there are out there.