Had to work late yesterday and got down to the water after the flood. Tide was extremely high so decided to fish the nomoco ocean. One of my most productive spots drew a blank. I fished for 2 hours from 11-1 probing the whole water column, couldn't even manage a tap. I was a little frustrated as I felt some fish should have been there. The horrendous winds of the last 2 days dropped out to a light W breeze, conditions were almost perfect.

Took a nap in the car, was woken up by 2:30 cell phone call from Wish4fish the 420 dude. I felt bad blowing him and his crew off all the time, so we met up. We decided to hit a spot with bucktails. The first few minutes we had good action but no hookups, very non-committal hits. Picky bluefish, aggravating.

We changed it up a bit and started throwing storm shads. Fish hit more aggressively and we had more hookups. We each landed about 1/2 dozen, give or take, to 10#. Each lost several more. The tide dropped out and it got real shallow. I hit one keeper bass as the tide approached the last hour of the ebb.

Took a pic for the C&R thread and sent it back.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=5854

That was the last of the action at that spot. The young punk said he was tired and had to go home.

I continued on to another place and fished it from 4:30-6am. Again, I had trouble finding what to present to the fish as they were picky. I managed one hit on a white magnum bomber under the full moon's illumination of the water. Several more hits on the different bucktails, nothing at all on magdarters and various small swimmers that had been money over the past week.

There was no consistent bite until I again switched to shads. Started getting bit, and landing fish. Landed 3 to 12#, those big blues get me more pumped up than the bass as the fight gets my adrenalin going.

I hate recommending storm shads when big bluefish are around. Wish4fish and I each went through 2 packs and some singles I had laying around. It's an expensive way to catch fish. Bucktails with pork or ledheads with rubber are usually a better alternative.

But last night the storm shads outproduced all other presentations even though there wasn't much bait around in the water. It is what it is, gotta roll with what works.

The bite died at 6am. I went somewhere else to find a different part of the tide, but that was dead too.

On the way home I stopped at the beach to see how Cardoc, Mrs Cardoc, and Rip were doing, they were at a local beach clam fishin.

At that time they had not caught anything, hope they can get into fish as the tide turns around this afternoon.

Rumor has it that's because RIP brought a banana sammich to the beach and the early morning bite shut down.

Rip, that's bad mojo! ya can't bring those bananas on a boat, or on a beach either!
No more bananas on the beach!

The water is warming up, and so is the hype about all the fish being caught.

There were some nice bass caught this morning. Anytime you have 100 guys lined up fishin next to each other someone is bound to stick a fish or 2. Honestly it was a very slow pick, it could get better as the water rises a degree or so today.

Good luck everyone.