Took my little guys and my brother last weekend to Round Valley for a couple nights. First time my little guys 3 and 5 went camping without mom.

We caught a ton of fish. One evening we hit a lot of smallmouths that were feeding with double and triple hookups. Did some night fishing for rainbows. We took two keepers that we grilled up the next day with some lemon, paprika, onion, salt, pepper and parsley. Most important thing, kids had an absolute blast. As we finally got on the road to go back home my older son asks if we can go back tonight for night fishing (not sure we made it past the exit gate yet when he said that).

We are so lucky to have such a great lake nearby. Water is so clear that it really makes it a challenge in the daytime if you are not trolling.

check out my little guys hold of the smallmouth. I have tried to instill it to treat the fish with respect from day 1 and now they hold them better than me. These little guys have been fishing since one and a half and they are usually the first ones to bring fish to the boat already. I just sit back and watch sometimes. Older one learned how to tie a Palomar knot during our camping weekend and he was so happy!

No pics of me, I actually did not catch too many this time. It was a windy weekend and I tried to do fly fishing but the fish were not very cooperative as they were the week before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9022.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	11713

Name:	IMG_9023.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	11714

Name:	IMG_9060.JPG