Dark, I wondered if you were finished with this Spring assessment yet and would be starting on the fall. I would like to weigh in with mine for Ocean City and South NJ-

I know most of you northern guys had a great fall, but for those of us who fish Ocean City and south of that it was terrible except for some action in the Cape May area in December.
I had a poor fall but don't have as extensive a log book as some of you guys do. I did catch some nice bass but had to drive up to LBI and IBSP to do it. Here is a post put up on another site referring to our area that I thought spelled it out remarkably well-

"Worst last fall/spring/ and current fall/winter in recent history. 3 years ago this time I caught over 75 fish, with 14 keepers. This year I put in more time and got 1 hit all fall on a bunker tail, and pulled in a 37 inch/18 lber and other than that got an 8 incher on a hopkins as that was only hit I got on a lure all year. happy for those who got on some, but awful year for catching fish here.. "

BTW I want to thank you for the work you did putting this together. I check all the internet sites out there and want to tell you this thread is one of the most comprehensive ones on what it actually happening out there. Some of the other folks extolling the virtues of the NJ fall run seem to have been fishing for 5 years or less. How can you form an opinion of "trends" if you only have 5 years under your belt. I have been fishing the ocean city to cape may (and also Delaware Inlets and AI) for over 20 years. Our fishing has steadily declined. Some of us think it is the beach replenishment, and others have seen the sizes and numbers come down. I truly feel the bass numbers are down and have had to drive to get to them where before I could just fish our local beaches.

I see you are having a great/ fall winter as well, and wondered how that fit in with your persective now that you guys seem to have those fish. Or you could put it in another thread. Whatever, I would really like to hear what you and the other great minds here think, as I believe there is a lot of hype out there when it comes to fishing NJ.

Also, hope you don't mind my saying this, and no disrespect to your site, but you really should consider becomeing a saltwater writer. You seem to do a lot of investigating and research in the things you write. You try to back up a statement by referring to someone with a lot of experience who says the same thing. Your talent for doing this should be shared with more of the SW world, and not just here. I read where you say you are burnt out from doing this, but you can tell by reading your posts that you are a guy who passionately cares about what he writes and has a good deal of integrity where the truth is concerned.

You would be a great writer, freelance or contract. If you ever write a book I will buy it. Please consider it, and thanks for trying as hard as you do.