4-15-12 Sun predawn

I got out on the yak this AM before dawn and had a slow pick. 2 bass to 34", 15#. Both released.

I covered an insane amount of ground and once the sun came up a lot of people seemed to be fishing and not catching.....starting to see the fish are really concentrated around certain areas, with a lot of dead water in between.

What worked for me was trolling plugs. I passed by a few yakkers who were not catching. Noticed them jigging or casting plugs in deep water. With the water temps as cold as they are, you need to be deeper in that water column.

Lots of boats out there as well, not much catching after the sun came up.

When I launched it was like glass, later on the winds got to be 20+ mph and I got off the water.
During my travels I went through an area of bunker that was about 1 mile in diameter, lots of feeding bunker in those windy conditions. The thing is..every time a boat came near they would sound and not feed until the boat noises went away....
Therefore the boats never had an idea they were there.

The conditions this week are prime for good fishing as the water has heated up a few degrees and the bass and bigger blues are making more of a presence.

Will try to D/L pics when I get a chance, one of the computers we use is getting an upgrade....