Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
I hear you dark, and if the herring don't come around this winter it will be a long cold one without bass.
Buckethead,,,,fishing in the Winter spoiled me.,...was the most robust fishing I have had in years....

There are no guarantees, but i'm really hoping for a repeat...if it's half as good as it was, I'll be ecstatic.

Mullet run 2012 -
In years past the September Full moon (Harvest Moon) has been the one yardstick when the mullet are supposed to leave the bays for the ocean. It doesn't always happen exactly this way. This year is an illustration. Some of the mullet have been streaming down the coast for almost a month now, which is a few weeks early.

Some thoughts -
When I scouted some water on the way home the previous trip, I found none, and was a little disappointed.

The thing that is driving most of the better fishing right now is larger schools of mullet. Although this may seem obvious to some, I say that to indicate that there is a good chance that if you can't find mullet in any larger numbers you may not be able to find fish. The rainfish and spearing are important as well, but in my experience the fish become a little more picky with only these 2 types of small forage... I'm always happier when there are more varieties in the forage mix because it gives you a better chance of catching them on artificials.