Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
I'm coming up there this Spring Roddy....Spent 4 hours fishing last night in brutal conditions..managed 3 fish....
5 hours the night before, 7 stops, only one fish to show for it.

I was thinking of the conditions and opportunities that you guys have, and all the dead water we have down here......it has been real tough for me to catch from land so far since the season opened. I know I haven't had the time to put the usual effort into it but if you want fish on artificials the opportunities have been limited where I fish....

The spawning areas aren't that much better, lots of grumbling from guys who normally catch large bass every year. I keep telling folks there are less bass but few seem to want to listen.....
With that said, congrats on you getting there out and catching...don't be surprised if ya look over your shoulder and see me...(or smell me first)....
I would think you guys have the same thing down there with your large backwater areas.I wonder why the fish don't stay in the back spots.the thames river for example has ten tons of bass in the dead of winter the only thing I can think of as to why is because they were/are born there?.I also believe that open beaches don'thold fish because of the vast open/shallow space.fish simply move through and do the same thing on the opposite tide. one catches them whilst they are moving back/forth. find structure and shallow water offshore or even inshore with deeper water close by and you will find fish.I dunno,it could even be a toss-up.R-P