Pebbles,

I strongly believe everyone needs health insurance but....

I'm not affiliated with either political party but I am a medical billing manager for a small company. We provide services to around 100 doctors. I've spent a bunch of time trying to understand all of the changes yet still find myself very confused.

What's clear to me is that the healthcare law raises costs for everyone including the very young like myself in order to help subsidize those that don't work or are working at McDonalds in their forties flipping burgers.

The math counts on a bunch of young and healthy uninsured Americans to join and pay inflated premiums for very basic policies.

The only people who will see a benefit from this law is those who rely on the government for assistance.

I wish these exchanges offered good insurance but after day two these just look to be highly stripped down plans at a moderately subsidized cost.

If you want the truth from a non biased source check the 370 page "primer" Merrill Lynch released today. If anyone wants to read it but doesn't have access PM me your email and I'll send you it.