Pulaski New York fishing river guide has Pulaski NY river guide fish report off drift boat for salmon-steelhead on Pulaski NY river
-
Dec. 8 Salmon River Pulaski NY Steelhead Drift Boat Guide Spin Fly Fishing Report Update:
-
Steelhead are top to bottom of the Salmon River. Fresh Steelhead entering, running, spreading out and settling into there Winter homes. Steelhead anglers are finding steelhead up top, middle and lower River. Go get'm!!
Please re-read all of the below complementary fishing reports, Tips,Articles as they relate to Steelhead. They all have relevant info. thatis still pertinent now
-
NORTH BRANCH SALMON RIVER AT REDFIELD NY
Here is a "live" gauge on one of the feeder streams - branches that run into the Salmon River Res. system. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=04249200 It gives you an idea of run-off. Heard a rumor that in the future we might get another live internet gauge on the other branch.
-
On the Floor laughing Article:
I laughed my butt off when I read the part about a traditional fly fisherman writer for Trout Unlimited ending up w/ a professional steelhead guide who only fished spinning rods with bait, chummed the water with bait (fish eggs) and after landing his first steelhead the guide promptly whacked the fish on the head w/ a bat so a picture could be taken w/ out the fish falling out of his hands)
I think that the writer was doing a comedy sketch (made up?) about the humor of complete opposites, except for the one thing they both shared and cherished in their lives...... the true passion for the sport!
http://www.tu.org/blog-posts/steelhead-skies
-
(To see all photo's - Fishing Report page)
Skip is tied into another 10 lb. Fresh Silver Bullet (Landed). I'm hamming it up, ready with the net and my goofy looking hat!
-
This Weeks Guest Fishing Report:
-
Mon.
Sa-zammmmm! Fish on and on and on!! My 2 guest's hammered the chrome today with approx. 18 steelhead. After soooo many steelhead, its hard to keeptrack! (All fish released) Simply amazing!!
We fished 8 spots over a 6 mile stretch off the drift boat and hit them in all. The 6 thing's we did that was critical for my guest's success were:
1. Presentation
2. Working - cover our water (prime lye) thoroughly.
3. Changing our rigging according to what the fish were plainly telling me.
4. Presentation
5. Presentation
6. Having the correct Habitat, there is a lot of empty water out there
-
Tues.

Scheduled day off the water to work in the office.
-
Wed.
Another amazing steelhead adventure off the drift boat! Mike and his 11 year old daughter Alexa's made me proud to be there guide. Mike did most of the fishing while his daughter slept, hung out in front of the heater, ate snacks and landed the occasional Steelhead that dad Mike hooked up. Mike tangled w/ an approx. 12 Steelhead. We found them in 4 out of 7 spots fished over a 8 mile stretch. One spot was a prime Winter lye and the other a transitional holding place. Last Friday I had fished this transitional holding spot and we hit 5 steelhead, but none today for the short time we were in it. Looked at my watch and it was time to hit the ramp. Another great day of many on this never ending virtual fishing trip.
-
Thurs.
Incredible! Outstanding "Day for Kings"
My 2 guest's played with approx. 19 steelhead off the drift boat in 5or 6 different places over a 6 mile stretch and I even hooked up a few while demonstrating and experimenting with our presentation.
50% Fresh and 50% older steelhead around. They landed some beauties!
-
Fri.
Noticed some more fresh steelhead around that have recently arrived.
Same clients as yesterday, 1/2 day trip today off the drift boat with my 2 experienced guest's. They hooked up approx. 8-9 steelhead. Ye-haa! They landed some beauties! All from several magical spot's! Congrats!
At days end I was flattered and recieved the highest complement any guide could ever ask for. (Very experienced steelhead angler) Gary said that he learned more in 1 day with me than in the last 3 years of being guided by numerous other guides.
Al didn't have to say anything as I was flattered and complemented byhim with ALL of the steelhead he got to play with. This was his firsttime EVER fishing for them. His exact implementation of my suggestions on his presentation were spot on and numerous steelhead were the rewarding result!
-
Guess we just got Lucky this week
I sincerely hope that all of you have a chance to experience a day or a week like my guest's and myself enjoyed!
(All fish released for you and your children's future fishing pleasure, its nice to share, the gift that keeps on giving, remember, nobody likes shrinkage -yukyuk
Hmmm, pulled the calculator out after realizing my guest's averages were up a lil this year from last, over all.
7 guest's for the week had an 8 steelhead per angler approx. average of 56 steelies
In 3.5 days of guiding, we enjoyed an approx. 16 steelhead per outingof approx. 56 silver bullet total.
- (To see all photo's)
Ken with a Bright Chrome Freshie, Congrats!
-
Humor
Today started as one of those relaxing, enjoyable, peaceful rainy days. The only thing that was irritating was when the tranquility of the day was interrupted by that darn whining sound of my guest's drag's. Then people wouldyell, Fish On. Come on folks, can't a guide get a lil rest, peace andquite around here? The nerve of some people! Then I was expected to chase after this 16 lb. Steelhead that kept doing these darn 25 foot tail walks across the pool, then these obnoxious somersault's 4 feet into the air with a big ol loud belly flop with water splashing 20 feet in all directions. Iwould have reeeeelly been upset if my hair had gotten wet. Then more speeding bullet run's until that bright orange stringy stuff (backing) would appear behind the fly line.
I just could not win today. Every spot I stopped to fish, my guest'swould continually hook more fish. Out of 3 spot's my guest's fished, wehit them in all. I got so fed up that I finally stopped in a spot whereno fish has been hooked in over 100 years, and my guest's were still ableto hook some up. So much for a nice relaxing day on the water. I thinkI need to find a new, less stressful job, where a person can get a lil Rand R
-
-
Con't below