Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
The USCOE meeting, although a positive sign, was part of a larger strategy to pre-empt and eliminate a hearing for the general public.
Joe and Greg are certainly capable of representing fishermen and they are probably some of the best choices to represent fishermen views. Joe has been fighting against politicians all his life and is old-school sharp.

However, if this was a chess game, I would say we just got put into Check.

I have been wrong before in my assessments....hope to God I am wrong on this one....
The level and credibility of the info I received, tells me otherwise.

Again...I sincerely hope I am wrong...I hate to sound so negative after all our hard work..and am rooting for Joe and Greg......but my sources are credible....and the way it was explained to me, this fits their previous pattern......
Stay tuned...I'll keep folks posted on this as needed....

** A special thanks to Finchaser here......despite me railing at him for his negativity.....the Ol' Grouchy Basstid called this one, play by play, with extreme accuracy.

It is our constitutional right as citizens to question how our federal tax dollars are spent.
Will we be afforded this right, in this case? Probably not.......
Several well- known fishermen groups and fishing clubs asked for a public meeting.
This courtesy was at least given to the guys in the Cape May sand replenishment case.....

Here, that will probably not happen...
I have more to say, but it's all negative....time and time again I have railed on folks here about their negativity......
and right now....I'm sorry to say, I am deeply dissatisfied with what seems to me to be the eventual outcome...
That's not to take away from the efforts of Joe or Greg......they are 2 of the most knowledgeable people that anyone could pick to attend the meeting.....

My curse, as I get older, is that I am often able to see the possible outcomes, when things follow a certain path......
I see the possible outcome here, and it's not good...it's like we have been put in checkmate.....
The best we can now hope for, is that they will not notch the jetties in question..
(one of them was already taken off the table, before this meeting was set)

In 10 years, when they are all fully uncovered again, and after another 20 years when it is finally determined this grandiose plan didn't work....the jetties might come back for our children and grandchildren.....as for most of us.....it will be too late and the end of fishing in that area......a vast dead zone..........

What some folks may not understand.....is that all along it was not about a selfish need to fish those jetties......What's more important is that style of replenishment does not work......we were trying to push for alternatives, not only there but to establish a precedent for the whole Coast...

Over the next 3 years, we will have more complaints, from families who don't like the new rip currents, from boaters (most of whom stood on the sidelines on this issue) who will complain that there are no more decent bottom fish in the Elberon Rocks to Shrewsbury Rocks inshore areas...to a host of other probems...

Some who grew up near the beach may remember, that they never had to dredge the inlets, as much as they dredge now...sometimes twice a year for some inlets.....this all ties in to the movement of sand along our coast....and the fact that it moves in different directions in different parts of the coast.....
75 years ago......there was no need for sand replenishment because there were jetties in virtually every coastal town......this replenishment was never fully researched....Despite the mounting evidence pointing to other methods as being more effective......

In the end, this will have been proven to be all about $$, and back-room politics.....
I am so sick to my stomach about what will probably happen I want to wait a while before I post more comments on this publically....

Suffice it to say, I will go on record here as saying that what you may read on other sites about Rep Pallone setting up the meeting, is inaccurate....The RFA is responsible for making this meeting happen..Pallone jumped in at the last minute because he knew it was a publicity op.....

I will be actively campaigning against the November 2014 re-election of Rep Pallone....during the Spring and Summer I will be putting together a series of threads and articles detailing the ties of this type of replenishment to big developers and campaign contributions....and the possible ethical violations as well......

I will try to show as many fishermen as are willing to listen...that Frank Pallone, is no friend to fishermen......does not deserve our support....and want to go on record that this is how I feel, after being a Pallone supporter for many years...
Thanks for reading.....