I thought of starting another thread, then saw this one. Moderators, you can move this if necessary. I don't have a camera right now, but fished Montauk yesterday, and thought I might share my experiences and memories here for those who have never been, or are thinking about going.

For all you veterans out there, might wanna pass over this, too detailed and boring. I did try to separate it out into different segments so people could choose which detailed, boring part they want to check out.

Love beauty, the incredible ruggedness, the cool people I met (they say no one talks to each other up there, but I had no problem meeeting and talkin to lots of people. Must be easier talking to others when the fishin ain't that great.). These, plus some of the incredible fishing stories others shared with me, make me want to come back.

There are no guarantees in fishing. There are even less guarantees at Montauk. The legendary great days, and legends who have fished there, make Montauk a fishing and tourist destination for those all over the world.

It it truly, the end at the end. The end of the road. The Point past which all sea life flows and ebbs. It is wild, beautiful, and full of the beauty of God and nature. Oh, and sometimes it's also known for great fishin.

So here's my story. Warn you ahead of time it's going to be long, drank a few cups of coffee before starting today. Skip what diesn't interest ya, read what ya want - for all the googs out there who want to learn, we were all googs once.

We all love fishin, that's the common thread that draws us together, all age groups, all walks of life, fishing is the great equalizer. And Montauk is the place that humbles other fishing experiences.