NJ/NY WIR 12-22-08

Folks, we are coming to a close to the year, and the striped bass season for NJ. The NY saltwater striped bass season has already closed, and folks are busy preparing for the Holidays.

The bitter cold of the last 2 days is not a motivating factor for anyone but the most diehard anglers to go fishing. The bass that remain are small, the good days are few and far between, and most folks have turned to other pursuits.

A pick of small bass can still be found for the bravest. The best hours to go fishing are now centered around sunny days and afternoons, as I have mentioned. There are herring and shad to be found for those who need to have some kind of action. If you do get into small bass, please be careful with catch and release. These small "rats" are the cows of tomorrow. Thank you for all the support and helping your fellow fishermen. For those who are still fishing, those posting in the bottom fishing reports will be eligible to win an award toward the cost of a trip in the Spring.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...isplay.php?f=5

I would like to thank everyone who has participated in these fishing reports, whether to post, or just to come here and spend a while with us. I wish you and your families a Happy Holiday season! I hope the New Year will be better for us all. -- bunkerjoe