Thread: Prop Lures

Default Prop Lures

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site and wanted to share some Examples of what I like to build. I build under the name S3 Lures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Striped Mullet.JPG   Eggplant.JPG  

Schoolbus.JPG   011 Black & Bronze Snakeskin.JPG  

007 Peacock Seeker.JPG   Rainbow Seeker.JPG  

If everything was perfect, nothing would be "UNIQUE"

Hey man what's up! You were the last table I stopped at at Asbury, my camera batteries crapped out as I was takin the pics. You weren't there, your friend Dave said you worked Twisted lures with Dave P, and then branched out, that you're from the Mercer area.

I first walked up to your stuff because they looked like spooks, and I didn't see the propeller. So how do ya fish those things, I'm assuming a lot slower than a normal spook?

Hi DarkSkies, Dave called me yesterday and said he spoke with someone who was interested in my props but couldn't remember my last name so I mistakenly contacted Joe but he informed my that you do reviews for the site. Actually I didn't have a table at asbury, the gentleman Dave you spoke with had purchased some of lures and had them out for display at his table.

I did work with Dave P and Scott on last years lures and also worked with Dave P on his Fatbellies in 07'. Dave P has been a best friend on mine for the past 20 years.

This year I decided to finally do my own thing and topwater fishing is my favorite that's why the first thing I made were these Prop baits. Use can fish them with the same cadence as a spook or slow to moderately fast. I've even burned them with no problems. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Hey man what's up! You were the last table I stopped at at Asbury, my camera batteries crapped out as I was takin the pics. You weren't there, your friend Dave said you worked Twisted lures with Dave P, and then branched out, that you're from the Mercer area.

I first walked up to your stuff because they looked like spooks, and I didn't see the propeller. So how do ya fish those things, I'm assuming a lot slower than a normal spook?

Those are some incredible lures.

Nice work, and some nice paint. What range are they weight wise, or are you making them all the same size?

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by strikezone31 View Post
    Those are some incredible lures.

Default thanks

Spec for my lures are: I make two sizes; One that's average 8 1/2 inches long and 3 oz and the other is on average 7 3/4 inches long and 2 oz. They're SS wire through with own custom Hook Hangers. Rosco split rings, 3/0 Vmc 9626ps for the larger of the two and 2/0 vmc 9626ps for the smaller. Aluminum prop blades for back and two coats of E-tex for the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    Nice work, and some nice paint. What range are they weight wise, or are you making them all the same size?

It always amazes me the different painting designs you guys come up with. Beautiful work!

Default props

Quote Originally Posted by Sephus3 View Post
    Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site and wanted to share some Examples of what I like to build. I build under the name S3 Lures.
    Howdy Sephus3,

great to have you here and great work,gotta give ya props!
    keep it coming m8!

R-P
    Takes a Big Man to sling Big Wood,,,,boys sling plastic,,,,,,,