Lenny, lotta short hits out there. Swing it hard and stick em in the eye next time.

Fished last night and made every googan mistake in the book, in fact I think I invented some more. I had a plan, but got sidetracked.

Lots of short bass and blues around, but I wanted another species. Throwing swimmers, bunker profile plugs, and rubber jigs, got a few taps on the bunker profile, swung, missed.

I knew where I had to be, low tide, waded out to England, wasn't paying attention, got wet.

After regrouping & dry clothes, decided to leave with a friend to another spot, hundreds of blues were doing cartwheels there hours before. I figured I could salvage the night for us with some, I was wrong. The water was dead on the ebb where we were.

Lessons for whoever's interested:

Water is significantly warmer in parts of RB, up to 10 degrees warmer. Find that water and look for where the worms live if you can't find bunker, and you'll find fish.

For right now, there is a good late afternoon bite for all 3 species, centered on flood tide in some places. If you're not looking for bass or blues, and don't want to cast 500 times for one beautiful fangfish with the weak mouth, some guys are gettin them on clams, Ripley's believe it or not!

We ran into more guys catchin on clams last night than anything else, go figure. When in Rome, do what the Romans do.

Me, I'm working on being an even bigger googan, we should have a googan contest, I'll place in the top 3.

I did spend a little too much time helpin a newbie who was buying tackle in a store. If he reads this, I would add to the advice I gave you - fish with those lures in the late afternooon, clam at other times using a fishfinder rig for your sinker, and you'll catch. Let me know if you hook up, I would like to think I did one thing right last night.

Next time I won't deviate from the plan when I know it to be agood one.