Quote Originally Posted by amboyangler View Post
I not even the blues are hitting and you can see these fish getting eaten..... I have caught fish on a snag and drop technique before, but it happened so quickly that I do not really recall what was going on.... Where I am fishing now, it is about 15-20 feet deep and the current is not that strong.... My only thought is that the reason why they are not hitting is because they are feeding up top on the water column and not at the bottom... but wouldn't the bass be hanging out under the blues waiting for some tasty morsels? Like I said this spot has been full of these bunker for almost a week, everyday at both incoming tide stages of the day..... It's not like they are full because they keep on eating... any advice for me on what I may be doing wrong?

Bass feed wherever the bait is, but you will generally find them at the bottom. You might have a case of too much bunker, where you should toss your live one to the side of the pod. That's what I do on the boat if things are a little flaky. I second what others said that you should not be throwing chunks in a case like this. Live ones are your best bet. Given all those details, I would still fish them on the bottom.