Thread: Should I go out?

Default Should I go out?

I am not a very good swimmer. My guy wants to take me out on the yak. Now I must confess I have been out on it several times. However, the more I think about it the more I feel as if I have no business being out there. If it tips over and I have my lifevest on I could float or swim a little. I am sure not for very long. So the question is should I be out there?

Have him teach you how to swim first?

Quote Originally Posted by katiefishes View Post
    So the question is should I be out there?
    I give swimming lessons for kisses, but you have to pass the hottie test first. Seriously, it won't be that bad if you have a decent pfd, pick a calm day, go out there, and have fun.

Safety first Katie. You should go over some of the safety procedures with him, and ask him what the plan will be if you overturn. If he is a strong swimmer, I would suggest going to a shallow area at first, and maybe a lesson or 2 on the warm flat areas. If you are comfortable with his abilities and he is level-headed, go and have a good time. It sounds like you have some fear of the water. Getting over that fear would be a good short-term goal. Good luck.