Quote Originally Posted by stripercrazy View Post
Nicely done Dark. Just wanted to add that Orient is a hard place to fish, or at least people should respect the rip there. Every year guys get in trouble out by that lighthouse. They don't realize how fast that tide comes in, and get swept off of there. Wearing waders it can be deadly.
Thank you for making that point. Being careful doesn't make you a wimp, it helps you to live longer. I also had a few friends who knew I was going up there who gave me the head's up as well, a public thank you here to those guys.

I originally intended to walk out there and check out the water by the channel, but the dropping tide is the smartest way to do that. I started my walk on the incoming, and 10 minutes into it changed my plans because the current was too strong.

Here's the video I shot, unedited so maybe a little long and boring, just drag the cursor along the bottom to skip what you want. For people who don't have lots of RAM or DRAM memory, click the "HD" button on the right side so it's "OFF". It will play faster. And since I'm not editing, I identified that Island as Gardiner's Island, but it's Plum Island, and Plum Gut, my bad.

It was a beautiful place, will definitely hit it up again on a different stage of the tide. I don't want anyone to think it's easy to fish here, parking restrictions all over the place, 2 hours max for daytime, and very tough for night fishin.