DS your points all make a world of sense. My points were not neccesarily meant to be 1 2 3 and 4 respectively. Any one who knows me knows what my number one priority would be.

I empathize with the solo party boat operator scraping to get by. I really do. I just have to wonder how many of the breeder bass are being removed from the water just for the sake of keeping a bass because you can.

I am in no way saying that individuals should not be able to take a fish for the table. It would be un-american in my opinion if you could not hunt and fish and provide food for your family from the earth we live on, if you choose to do so. I will never chastize an individual for taking a couple of fish per year. I just feel some anglers do it excessively because they can.

Coast wide slots would be extremely helpful in protecting the valuable breeder fish. In all honesty the 20-26" fish is probably a better fish for the table than the 40" plus.

I don't want to ramble I feel you have many great points. It is this type of discussion that promotes thought and may get others that are reading it thinking about the future of the fishery which is all we can really ask for.

I certainly hope we see some change in certain areas of Striped Bass stock management. I am afraid of what could happen if we don't