Thread: Fishing for stripers remains a struggle

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
    I don't want to ramble I feel you have many great points. It is this type of discussion that promotes thought and may get others that are reading it thinking about the future of the fishery which is all we can really ask for.

I certainly hope we see some change in certain areas of Striped Bass stock management. I am afraid of what could happen if we don't
    Jackbass, I didn't read any of your points as rambling. What I get out of your posts here is that you are truly concerned with the future of striped bass fishing, and somehow, either through personal experience or older anglers you know, have a good feel for what went on in the past.

"Those who do not recognize the sins of the past are condemned to repeat it."

If just 20% of all anglers had the same drive and initiative you had, I don't think the fishery would be in as much trouble as it now is. I see by your posts on Stripercoast Surfcasters that your committment shows. You write letters and get involved.

The % of anglers who are actually committed to get involved in an issue beyond an internet thread or conversation at a fishing spot, is very small. I commend all who want to become more informed, because young and old, you guys are the future of fishing.

There are no right and wrong opinions here, they are just that, opinions. To me, having an opinion, and letting someone else speak out for you, is not participating in life.

We all deserve to be heard, if we truly want to be part of the process.

And it is only through this process that others will be able to learn things they weren't aware of. So keep it going guys and gals, all opinions welcome here.

I just hope to someday bring a kid fishing for the Greatest Gamefish on the planet In my opinion.

I won't sit back and say someday where did all the fish go? Or remember when like I hear others do now. I just feel we are at a critical juncture right now. History is repeating itself. The numbers and size of fish being caught offshore right now are eerily reminiscent of a time not too long ago.