Quote Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
Rich, you can still stage dive, you just won't heal as fast. That is why I don't do it anymore. Plus the fact that I have to work and make money or I perish. Not something I thought about years ago in regards to injuries. Now I just fish all night and call in sick.
Yup, same goes for gettin into a fight with someone over keeping short fish. If it turns physical and you both get locked up, it doesn't matter who was right or wrong, you both lose at least a day's pay.

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
I would pay $50 to see dark stage dive from a speaker tower.
Ya can see me in action in a videotape made in the 80's called "Hardgore", by the members of a NJ Hardcore group called Bedlam. Out of the 25 bands showcased, I'm in like 5 or 6 of the clips, doin my thing in the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
BTW - I'd give anything to see Dark stage dive!
I saw someone do a stage dive once, the crowd moved away, and they cracked their skull, concussion. Had to be brought out of there in an ambulance. That got to me.

I'm the guy who used to catch the idiots, even the fat ones, that were divin off the stage and the crowd moved because they were too big.

If someone fell and the bodies piled on, I would always pull them out of danger. I also had a lot of people come up to me and ask to boost them up with my hands so they could crowd surf. I was in the best shape of my life back then, strong back and legs, a lot more toned than I am now, and a head that could survive countless people falling on it. If my body wasn't sore the day after, I felt like it wasn't a good show.

Of course, there were the dudes who didn't care. One straightedge skinhead dude I knew from CBGB's Sunday matinees broke his arm in a dive. He was back the next week moshin with the cast on. Aah, good times, great memories!

And.....Pebbles definitely gets an EZ pass into heaven for lettin the kids practice in her house. Not many Moms would put up with that. Garage maybe, but living room never!