Thread: Long Branch...back in time

Threaded View

Default Cast of Characters

As related by Finchaser and Joe Melillo:

Cast of characters:

"In addition to me and the guys from the LB fishing club, there were others:

The old timers:
    These were the "older" guys when we started fishing there. We got to be fast friends, and they taught us a lot. Some of the ones I remember most clearly...

1. Reggie - Reggie was 7' tall, and used to spend weekends there with his wife Doris. She had a recipe for steamed fluke that was out of this world. They used to share the cooked fluke with us.

2. 3 fingers Pete - he was a regular, great fisherman. He had 3 fingers on one hand.

3. Cooper - he fished and hung with 3 fingers Pete.

4. Chet - an older guy, spent all weekend at the pier.

Rest of the characters:

Dominick Digirolamo - he caught a shark one time, around 60#. It took 5 of us to drag it up to the pier railing. What we used to get the big fish up at that time was like the "kid's pitchback" baseball backdrop people used to have in their backyard. It had a few ropes and a chain attached, and could hold almost any fish, even the shark. Well, we got that shark to the bottom of the rail, gave it one last heave, flipped it over, and almost fell on our aZZes! We all had a great time laughing over that.

Dolly and her sister Dottie - who used to clean the place up after we left. They ran a tight ship, were knowledgable, and always treated us guys well.

and the rest of us, Joe Melillo; his son; Me; my Dad Angelo sometimes; my son; Charlie my fishing mentor; Mark Ballocco; Gary and Brian Burda; and a few other diehard fish nuts like us! "
    Last edited by DarkSkies; 12-26-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Dollie and Dottie per OGB