Yesterday, my son and I went ice fishing for the first time ever. Since he is only five; my wife and I debated a whole day whether he should go and if he would be able to handle the cold for an entire day.

So glad I made the decision to take him because he did excellent. 5.5 hours of fishing on the ice plus two hour trip there and then back with not even one complaint. I am very proud of him! I went with a good friend that has been ice fishing for many years. Tip-ups and jigging were the methods used.

So much fun running to the tip ups and keeping an eye on those flags. Then we got into some jigging and my little guy stole the show. Jigged up a bunch from a couple different holes including the biggest perch caught. All by himself of course. His methods are text book, feels the bite, lowers the rod just a bit and then bam, solid hookup. Both of us enjoyed the jigging a lot. Next time, i am taking the video camera.

We caught approx 25-30 fish, mainly perch with some sunfish and a couple crappie mixed in. Here are some pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6406.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	9212

Name:	IMG_6426.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	9213

Name:	IMG_6438.JPG