Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for the Week of 6-9 to 6-15-08

IBSP early morning, not a tap, looked dead out there.

Hey, I tried to follow that action. In the spring I wuz the bass king, lol. Yesterday I couldn't even hook up a shortie.

Yesterday fished with some of the guys from the site. They were there earlier, and it was dead. They covered 20 miles of territory, S to N, and ended up with some big bluefish chasing bunker, action was all over in a matter of minutes.

I decided to head S again, MoCo, and fish started coming in, I called them down. One got a short, but the action died after a few minutes. Bunker weren't really thick like they were in the morning (in the morning other friends got them up to 34lbs).

So we went looking for a better spot, but tried to stay away from the mob scenes. Turns out the mob scenes were some of about 4 places that produced the biggest bass. I went to one of the productive areas afterwards around 7pm, cast like a madman along with some other guys at the tip of the rocks. Bunker were being attacked about 400' out, but they never came in, a few small bass were caught.

These blitzes are frustrating a lot of people. Plenty are hooking up, but many are not. If you're connected with a cell phone network of many people or a club, you're in.

The way I learned to fish was to go to a productive area, work it a few minutes with targeted casts, maybe catch one fish, and if not, move on to the next area.

The way these blitzes are running, it's almost like if you "follow the trucks" you will get a big bass. I hate that kind of combat fishing, it really sucks, takes all the sport out of it.

But I might be doing it soon if things don't look up. This tells me that there are less bass around. Where there used to be thousands, now there are hundreds, keying in on a specific location or locations.

This morning, fished first light into dawn, nothing on swimmers and poppers, no bunker visible, huge flotilla of boats anchored off some key areas.

Back out at it again in a few minutes.

I'm too old, not like you young pups that go chasing blitz after blitz. Went fluking today "down the beach" from RB, Shrewsbury Rocks. We hit a lot of shorts, but managed to box 2 decent fluke around 5 lbs. Fresh spearing was the key, netted in a river.

SH early sunrise in the suds, a few cocktails on metals.

woo hoo! Lots of big fish on the rocks nomoco 4-8:30pm. People were like animals crawlin on each other to cast. I got 2 on poppers, maybe 30lbs, put em back, great fight.

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    woo hoo! Lots of big fish on the rocks nomoco 4-8:30pm. People were like animals crawlin on each other to cast. I got 2 on poppers, maybe 30lbs, put em back, great fight.
    where did u fish?what town??

lenny, pm me. S of SH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12