Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for May 15-31, 2010

Wink swans

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Nope I said he finds more swans than fish,that's why poor Pebbles has yet to get a fish on her new rod.
    your funny

I was out yesterday MoCo from 4 - 8. I saw a HUGE black drum caught with a big crowd checking it out. It had to be 50# easy.

Fish with clams and waited for the blitzes which happened but i was to far off it plus I missed it by 45 min. So I didn't hook up. I saw about 15 bass taken up to 35#s.

Yet again I was late..... and yet again I missed it.

So this is how it unfolded as I was about to leave. Most all the cell phone crowd had moved on. It was around 7:30. I see a big pod of bunker getting murdered about 200 yards off. All the boats were about 400 yards to the south. I'm watching in amazement as bunker are literally getting thrown though the air. All of sudden the entire pod moves to the beach FAST I'm talking in about 3 min. I start walking fast and another bait guy is there and I say check it out my friend this is gonna get interesting. About 20 people move two jetties over. The bait guy takes to the top of the jetty throwing a big yellow pencil but the pod moved 2 more jetties down and I was with my kids and couldn't keep moving. I start walking back then turn around and bait guy on top of Jetty is hooked up big time after blind casting for 10 min... Glad he got into a fish I've seen some crazy blitzes but that was the most impressive. Just wish it lasted longer and I had one on the end of my line...

I did get a small blue blind casting on a pencil which the kids loved and I was a hero... Bass or no bass!! I love taking the kids fishing. But let me tell ya for about 20 seconds as I realized I was hooked up I thought it was it. MY TIME.... Just hanging out blind casting with a 35# hog on the end of my line then I was kicked back into reality... No wait.. this is coming in WAY to easy... Oh joy another good damn bluefish.

FinSkies?
    Today 5:30 to 8AM 12 blues 3-4 pounds and a micro bass all on jig head and rubber. All still swimming.

Sorry I left out out:

How I got out of bed
    Looked at my weather station to see wind direction and speed
    Decided where to fish by weather conditions
    Stopped at the bagel store for an everything bagel with CC and an Earl Grey tea black no sugar
    Drove 7 minutes to my spot
    Missed the sunrise due to cloudsbet you it would have been breath taking
    Sniffed the air for the scent of bait
    Started presenting
    Knew my presentation was fine tuned when rod bent
    Counted the different types of sea birds and watched there feeding patterns they don't eat breadDS feeds them bread wait those are swans
    Bulls--ted with 2 of my friends aboutwould have video taped them waving good morning to you but didn't have my camera.
    Got rained on
    Fish stopped with tide as expected time to go
    Took a 3 minute ride to the Ocean to see if it was still there
    Drove back home until later

Wait I forgot to mention all fish were caught on a conventional rod and reel, loaded with high vis mono line
    Lures were brought to spot in a plug bag
    I fished out front this morning (4:30-9:00), threw plugs and some rubber, had one bass on, lost it in wash. My year so far in a nut shell.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Cliff notes 5-22

Fished all night, threw the bag.
    Bunker were gathered up by the thousands.
    The bunker left, taking all other bass and bluefish with them on a world tour. Got the only 2 remaining bluefish on yozuri profile after that.
    Missed the morning ocean bite by 1/2 hour.
    Waded out 1000 feet from shore in back bay area on the way home to redeem myself with a mess of big bluefish. Couldn't even raise 1.
    Effumall.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Cliff notes 5-22

Fished all night, threw the bag.
    Bunker were gathered up by the thousands.
    The bunker left, taking all other bass and bluefish with them on a world tour. Got the only 2 remaining bluefish on yozuri profile after that.
    Missed the morning ocean bite by 1/2 hour.
    Waded out 1000 feet from shore in back bay area on the way home to redeem myself with a mess of big bluefish. Couldn't even raise 1.
    Effumall.
    Great report

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default Rangers checking

Fished SH early this morning. Saw 2 fish on 2 seperate casts follow my plug all most right onto the beach, but could not entice them to hook-up. Very frustrating. The rangers were out there checking for registry cards. I heard from another guy they rounded up about 15 or so people fishing without them and made them leave the park. It's about time! Also saw another guy make some dude through back a short. I hope they keep up the enforcement and get some of the garbage off the beach (human garbage).

Mike O

NOMOCO last night. There was alot of bunker around last night but I could not find the fish.

Tonight 6:30 to 8:30 released 11 bluefish all caught on a jig head and rubber tails.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Sunday night from 9 - 1:30. Tried the front from a couple of jetties which was not happening. Wind in my face with big swellls plus the water was low so I had everything going against me.

I went to the backside NoMoCo and finally got one around 30in. on a magdarter Quick pic then release.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010-05-24 BASS.jpg  

Out front this morning, 4:30-8:00.
    One short on chartreuse teaser.
    Large quantities of white water.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_5_24_W.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	11197
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Cliff notes, 5-23
    Mugged the OGB because I'm the ultimate mugger.

Actually I was looking for his secret swan factory. I heard despite his grouchiness he has a soft spot for swans and occasionally throws stale rolls at them. Found no evidence of this, even though 2 hungry swans did float by. All he did was scowl at them.

He caught 11 bluefish, I caught 3. He's the King of Rubber, (see post below).

Cliff notes, 5-24
    Hit some rocks for a hopeful morning surf bite. Bumped into SharkHart. I was going to say hi, but he was in a heated discussion with a Sharpie surfcaster about which weather pattern is better, the hard Northwest pattern or a Noreaster. The last I saw of him, I think he was throwing the guy into the water to teach him how to swim.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=5418
    (West wind Wally made an appearance today, video to follow)

Nice running into you and your friend. Hope the day turned out ok for ya's and that you found fish.

Conditions in the morning were tough, there was a building swell and the sets were not consistent in size, with a few rogue waves thrown in. No one seemed to want to be close to the front so I did my thing and had the front to myself until an hour later when "Jap" came up and casted alongside as we watched for the rogue waves.

There were no fish or bunker though he did manage one bluefish.
    Fished there from 6-7:30am.

Wasn't ready to go home so I went to the back bays. Found some bluefish to eat rubber, and one bass. 3 bluefish on rubber, and one blue, one short bass on metal. Bite died with the ebb.

The fog didn't burn off for a long time today. It was an awesome morning to be out there except for the unpredictable swell and the lack of fish.

Nice catch Yukon, way to be persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Large quantities of white water.
    Nice catch on the teaser Monty. I have yet to tie a teaser rig to my barrel swivel even though I'm advising others to do it. I was out in that big swell too, it was a bit hairy.

Tonight 6:30 to 8:30 released 11 bluefish all caught on a jig head and rubber tails.
    I wonder if anyone reads Fin's reports and thinks they could do as well as he does? If so, don't kid yourselves. Last night there were 3 regulars as we reached one spot we fished at. None of those people caught a fish in the 2 hours they were there.

They kept looking at him with puppy dog eyes every time he caught a fish. Finally one of the guys sent his girlfriend over to ask how we were catching because he didn't have the stones to come over and ask us himself.

Fin is the King of Rubber
    No shame in gettin outfished by the Finchaser Fishin Machine!
    Remember that the next time he outfishes ya, Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
    The rangers were out there checking for registry cards. I heard from another guy they rounded up about 15 or so people fishing without them and made them leave the park. It's about time! Also saw another guy make some dude through back a short. I hope they keep up the enforcement and get some of the garbage off the beach (human garbage).
    Mike O
    Mike I feel the same way it's about time. How ya been? Call or PM me the next time you're going out.

Today 5:30 to 8AM 12 blues 3-4 pounds and a micro bass all on jig head and rubber. All still swimming.

Sorry I left out out:

How I got out of bed
    Looked at my weather station to see wind direction and speed
    Decided where to fish by weather conditions
    Stopped at the bagel store for an everything bagel with CC and an Earl Grey tea black no sugar
    Drove 7 minutes to my spot
    Missed the sunrise due to cloudsbet you it would have been breath taking
    Sniffed the air for the scent of bait
    Started presenting
    Knew my presentation was fine tuned when rod bent
    Counted the different types of sea birds and watched there feeding patterns they don't eat breadDS feeds them bread wait those are swans
    Bulls--ted with 2 of my friends aboutwould have video taped them waving good morning to you but didn't have my camera.
    Got rained on
    Fish stopped with tide as expected time to go
    Took a 3 minute ride to the Ocean to see if it was still there
    Drove back home until later

Wait I forgot to mention all fish were caught on a conventional rod and reel, loaded with high vis mono line
    Lures were brought to spot in a plug bag

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    ROFL dark! If he described those words it seems like he must know you well!
    Yes Steve, Fin is lucky enough to know me, and smell me when I have been fishin for 3 days with unwashed waders. Lucky him.

I have no words to describe the spoofs of my reports, I'm still laughing...thanks

Wink

fished sh this morning 6am till 1045 4 fish 3 stripers 1 keeper 291/2 .1 black fish my first of the year.nice big fish.looks like it's slowing down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by chas527 View Post
    fished sh this morning 6am till 1045 4 fish 3 stripers 1 keeper 291/2 .1 black fish my first of the year.nice big fish.looks like it's slowing down a little.
    Chas, good observation.

You were getting blackfish earlier last year, it seems like everything is later except the bass migration. There aren't too many bass S of here, and there are waves of big girls reaching Mass and Rhody every day. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like the great action we're having for the surf guys may last 2 more weeks, or less. After that, it may minimize, with people having to work to find fish.

5-24 pm
    Fished some rocks, arrived a 1/2 hour after it died. Still fished it anyway with some of the guys who didn't mind blind casting, 7-8:30pm. Pencil first, danny near dark.
    Then hit a back bay place, bunker were roaming in pods by the hundreds, being harassed by small bluefish and an occasional small bass. I was getting ready to fish that area when a stranger came by and we started comparing that day's fishing notes. (It was ironic because a few friends and I had just mentioned him 2 hours earlier as I met up with them on the rocks...and I had mentioned him just before I left to go fishing.)

Turned out to be Jim Cousins.

Spent the next 1 1/2 hours talking about everything under the sun, and even some fishin stories.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...?t=5236&page=5

It was an honor to finally meet ya, Jim!

5-25am
    Slept in the car, fished the rock country for 1/2 hour this morning after finding some bunker slightly offshore. They didn't come in while I was there, another That's fishin.

Talking

Yes... I broke the rules. I took a boat trip yesterday vs the surf but I couldn't help it. Ending up catching 4 big bass up to 40# and I lost 4 more right at the boat including a monster that was easily #45+ maybe 50

Caught on the Renegade Charter out of Pt. Pleasant with Capt. Mike Copeland. I've been fishing with Mike for 3 years now when I need to get out on the water. Always and I mean always gets us on fish.

I caught this one live lining a bunker off MoCo in 60ft waters. She crashed the bait 20 ft in front of me since I was fishing off the bow on top of the water. It was awesome. I would have 3 sometimes 4 bass follow each fish up to the boat. Truly was an amazing sight to see. We boated over 35 bass up to 40+lbs. 95% released. We switched to top waters but only one guy got one on a pencil. Tight Lines!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 May Fishing Renegade on the boat.jpg  

thats a pig yukon nice fish!
    we fished the back this morning till 6, the spearing and shrimp were thick, bunker too, we got 22 bluefish on bunker with small hooks becuz they were small the biggest was 5 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    secret swan factory.
    swans r gay! dont be like dark, finchaser, he chases all over for those gay swans i would like to hit them with bbs cuz they are like the geese they crap all over but the geese are worse i stepped in goose **** this morning and i wanted to choke the goose's neck!

Nice catch Yukon. I bet you're glad you chose the boat over surf.

Dark, sorry you didn't get anything. Sometimes good conversation out weighs fishing.

Good to see that some of you are getting good catches. I'm happy for all who have. Been really busy last 2 weeks but I am going to try nomoco in the am.
    "Don't be shy, give it a try"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast