I always preach about getting involved. The time to address an isssue can be when it's happening, if the circumstances warrant it.

Ranting about something on the internet much later without doing something isn't really effective and IMO sometimes makes you a part of the problem.

I went over and intervened. I explained that it was a stupid idea to argue with homeowners, and threaten to throw a brick through a window. The guys fishing there were a group of young guys, I assumed there were there together or at least knew each other.

One guy got indignant:

"Dude, harsh on the mellow, it wasn't me, it was those guys here, I'm just fishing and these 2 ladies are crazy with the rocks!"

I asked him to explain my words to the other guys in that area said doing nothing would eventually cause problems.

He: "Well we have a RIGHT to fish here, it's public access!"

Yes, and I apologize for thinking you were the one making the threats, "dude".

But someone has to take a stand when the behavior of others is in danger of causing restricted access.

I decided at that point that people wanted to argue, and made my way out of there. The commotion brought 2 older fishermen around my age to see what was happening. I explained to them the potential liability to us all. They again hit me with the mantra..."Well it's Public Access and we have the RIGHT to fish here."

I hope people understood part of the point I was trying to make. I left at a good time, because as I drove out of there 2 police cruisers came to the scene to investigate.