Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ fishing reports for October 2010

Fished last night for a few hours from 6 to 10pm. walked miles no bait no fish. I'm questioning if I know anything at this point. Will try again tonight. I hate the moon

Default soup nazi and skunk report

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
    That's the breaks, fnm.
    Classic, that never gets old.
    Don't feel bad vpass, I fished some of my best honey holes last night, back and front. skunkola. The only real concentrations of bass are where the bait is thickest in deep water for the boats, or where the sandeels school up. Otherwise it's like the sahara desert out there. Me, I'm just looking for an oasis.

Found a bunch of twinkies last night, after several stops and several tries, 17-22"ers had residents written all over them. The cool winds and cloud cover has come about 12 hours later then expected, lets hope this brings more bass into town

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    I hate the moon
    i never do good with full moon!

Default Fishin marathon

Yak
    Hit a bay yesterday in the yak, try as I might I couldn't get out till the last of the ebb. The wind was intense, caused me to fish unfamiliar areas to find a lee. It presented some difficult challenges. Fished the last 3 hours till slack, managed 9 bass to 26" on T&W, full report and pics in kayak fishing reports.

Land
    Hit the surf for the next ebb tide, missed the beginning, but fished with G for the last 3 hours. It was a slow pick, and we had to work for the fish after some others gave up. Presentations changed as the tide changed, no real pattern to the bite, mostly rubber and small swimmers. Tons of bait in the surf at different times, some at our feet under the "unlucky" full moon. Water was gin clear.

As I said, it was a slow pick, but I managed 1 short bass, 1 big bluefish. G managed 2 legal bass to the mid teens. Also some fluke and sundials for both of us, and some swings and misses.

I said a prayer to King Neptune before we started, to bring some good mojo on G for some larger fish. After he got them, he said "Well, these are OK... but the fish are bigger where I fish."

Are you frikkin kidding me?
    I'm pulling G off the King Neptune fish catching request list, apparently the surf fish ain't as good as his dirty water fish....

I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Rip and Cardoc, stop playing around wit yer sandwiches and come on out fishin. No bait allowed.

John, nice to meet ya, always had the utmost respect for R and your crew.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'm pulling G off the King Neptune fish catching request list, apparently the surf fish ain't as good as his dirty water fish....
    Hey darkskies could you putme on the king neptune request list, I could use some good vibes and luck. I'm trying but it's not working out too well, the skunk likes to follow me home!

I fished somoco with a diamond jig from 5 to 8:30 today, and got one fluke. There was some kind of bait in there but I didn't see any bigger fish.

i fished by some jettys today in the front got 2 shorts on bunker at the sunrise. lately i can't catch squat i dont care what you say dark the full moon sux those fish you dudes got were lucky fish lol but anyway put me on the list to the neptune dude i sure need some luck too.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Found a bunch of twinkies last night, after several stops and several tries, 17-22"ers had residents written all over them. The cool winds and cloud cover has come about 12 hours later then expected, lets hope this brings more bass into town

I don't know if I were fishing the same spot as you. I found them good last night same size fish with one almost keeper. I also caught a shad, and had 2 9 inch sluggo bitten off buy blues. It was a fun night. Caught around 11 bass. and many hits. Also had a nice blowup on a popper would have been the biggest bass of the night.

I'm taking my flyrod next time.

well the fish are not as thick and ds knows that is true but i was still happy with them first time a bass limit just got a call a 49 in bass and a fat 35 in the dw so its all good and i dont care who makes jokes as long as u get my name right

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    so its all good and i dont care who makes jokes as long as u get my name right
    And don't call you late for dinner, right?
    Lots of fun on this site, you guys sure know how to entertain when things are slow. I fished nomoco this afternoon, incoming tide, 1 snapper blue on metal. I'll trade my snapper today for the bass you got yesterday gwb, nice catch!

if u were close u could just have one no need to trade

If I were King Neptune I would tell G to kiss my azz and go back to the Dirty Water.

hes bin fliping me the bird all year so it all good with my luck i wont get any more keepers so its fine by me and i will be back in the dirty water all the bass are not keepers but they are bass no skunk

G, So you guys are getting bass consistently. Not getting skunked? Really, really guy.

That Dirty Water has become larger than life to G. He loves it so much he swims in it, glamorizes it, and when we're fishin at night he glows in the dark.

Let's face it, the Dirty Waters will always hold fish. Based on the amount of pilings and bulkheads, a bass can slurp a crab or grass shrimp off a piling before settling into the deeper water. Some bass don't migrate and spend all winter in that dirty water.

As for catching those bigger bass, they're few and far between, if you consider the numbers of people fishin for em. The exceptions are the Spring and Fall migration when they stage in the harbors for awhile. That's like saying IBSP or Sandy Hook always produces fish. When you have 100 guys fishin a place every day, one of them will inevitably catch a fish.

Unless G catches one soon of the size he's braggin about I'm gonna refer to his dirty water monsters as ghost fish.
    The clock is ticking, G.

Report 10-23
    I took Pebbles out tonight to try to find her some bass. If I was a paid guide I would have had to refund her $$ for the trip.

We were a little lazy, though. Only made 1 stop instead of my usual 5 or 6.
    We did find bass. I managed one short on rubber after 983 casts as we fished the last hour of the flood, 2hours of the ebb. Some fish were dropped by both of us, but no fish landed by her.

I really believed fish would turn on at that stage of the tide. Turns out the best stage last night was the beginning of the flood, about 4 hours after we left. Hey, that's fishin.

She was very happy using her new Finchaser rod. Although she didn't cast 983 times she was able to cast hundreds of times without having a sore shoulder. She fished rubber seriously for the first time, and was able to learn several presentations, so I'm proud of her for that.

We prayed to King Neptune to get her a fish before we started. King Neptune didn't seem to hear her prayers. Pebbles said that was because Finchaser wasn't able to fish with us.

He, and his politically incorrect comedic commentary of all things good and bad, were on our minds tonight.

Miss ya Bob... please hang in there, we're hoping for the best, and we missed ya badly tonight. We even missed your grouchiness. God, please help OGB recover. He doesn't belong in a hospital room, and there are people who miss having him yell at them.

My good buddy and I each got 5 bass tonight. All shorts that put up a good fight. Fun night. My bass were all caught on soft plastics.

I had a fluke/sundal blitz this morning. I don't know how many were caght. my biggiest fluke was about 22 inches. no bass for me today. fluke were caught on rubber, and Ava. I did see some bass caught.

I fished Monmouth County from 3-6 this morning. I caught 1 nice bass, 31", using an unweighted sluggo. I got it at the furthest end of my cast. Thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate it.

Fished two locations ocean side this morning (1:00 -4:00) and (5:00 - 9:00).
    Second spot 1 fluke. First spot 3 bass, largest ~35 inches, other two shorts. Some fluke, small blues and these other two fish (ID help?). Rubber teaser for the bass. Was talking with Dark earlier in the day and he did some crazy math and said I would catch 3 bass. Must have a direct line with that Neptune guy. Great time, had beach basically to myself. All fish released.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_10_24_sb1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	12363

Name:	2010_10_24_Fish.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	12364

Name:	2010_10_24_Fish2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	12365
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Wow, Monty that is a nice fish, it looks much bigger than the one I caught. Congrats on a good night, congrats on the release, I released mine also.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast