Quote Originally Posted by Rip-Plugger View Post
Stealer,

the hardest thing you must overcome is the number of times you actually fish.
once a week is not enough but,if you have time for just 1 trip per week you will have to do it.

learn a technique and optimze it,don't let up on it,make a note in your head and make it a second nature thing.
you must be a chef to be a GOOD fisherman.mix up techniques,create your own,listen to others and do what they do.your 2 best friends in fishing are your ears and eyes.ask questions,observe and execute.

Sharkhart and Ripplugger said some spot-on stuff. I fish a lot, don't always report if I don't catch. I don't want to clutter up the report pages. But I do like to read when others are catching or not. I think Surfwalker may have said something on a post about making your own reports, and thats good advice too.

It doesn't happen overnight, to become good at surf fishing, you really do have to work at it. Try to learn one lplug, jig, bucktail, or metal presentation at a time. Learn how to fish that well. Get confidence by catching fish on it, and remember what you did for next time. Then move on to the next plug and learn that. And, like Ripplug said, you won't learn much if you only go to the beach once in a while. You have to be there a lot to learn the tides and when the fish feed at a particulr time. Read the beach, make notes of that too, and learn from it.