J-Bay Kayak Tournament - Potty
The 8th annual Jamaica Bay Kayak Fishing Tournament will be held on Floyd Bennett Field, in Brooklyn, on May 12 – 15th, 2011. Last year there were 335 participants and we expect even more this year. With each passing year the event gets bigger and better. May is a great time for the J-Bay fishery as big bait move through the area and the even bigger fish follow it. Hopefully some of you will be able to make the tournament and get a chance at the elusive weakfish which are expected this time of year. But enough about the fishing …..
The reason for this email is to invite donations for 2011. We need to staff the area with 10 -12 Port-A-Johns for the event. Each one costs $180. We were wondering if a group of us from the forum can join together and sponsor a forum potty. If 18 of us join in, that's only $10 per person. The recognition for the donation will be displayed on the potty. In addition there will be a fun contest for the most creatively decorated potty as voted by participants. Winners of this prestigious potty honor will be announced at Sunday’s award ceremony.
What do you think? Care to help out Casting For Recovery in a small yet important way? Let me know. I think it could be fun and it would really help. If you have suggestions for the decoration, please send them to me too.

All checks are to be made out to Casting For Recovery and sent to me ( Judy aka Shorelady) - please PM me with your commitment and details.

Thanks so much for any help you can give us!
Judy