Thanks for posting that, Judy.
Shipwreck has been doing this, with some other folks, for a few years now.

Last year, there was an "internet hero" or 2 that gave Ship a hard time and was pretty critical and abusive of him doing this, trying to get as much mileage as he could out of making fun of "kayaking for beginners, IE kayaking for babies"

Its ironic, because one of Ship's main critics is about 5'1" tall, weighs about 101 lbs, and is the sleaziest type of creature, slinking around like he's 10 feet tall on the internet, emboldened by the anonymity of it all. Yet, in real life, this "terror of the internet" is a miserably ineffective character who makes his unexciting life seem better by putting others down.

This surf launch seminar is a good thing, folks.
All of us had to learn safety procedures at one time or another.
It's better to learn them in the day, when things are calm, than when you are in a rip at night and have to get back to shore, or when you paddle out to a rocky lighthouse at night and have to maneuver carefully with strong current.

I feel with all the new guys getting into kayaking, these safety seminars are fantastic opportunities to learn and meet others who share your passion.

So no need to be embarassed, or shy.
Whatever your level of experience, we can always learn a new trick or 2 when it comes to kayaking....and in the end, it just might save your gear from being busted up, or save your life.

I understand they will also have a broad selection of kayaks to try for those who are at the beginning stages of figuring out what's best for them.

I wish I had the time, cause I would definitely be there. Check it out, and thanks to Ship and the others for being so generous with their time.