Thread: Brookhaven bans fishing at Shoreham Beach!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by plugcrazy View Post
    "The next steps are an expanded letter writing campaign and also Willie has lined up some people who are willing to go to the beach, fish, get a ticket and fight this in court."

Just saw this thread. I'm in. If you want more letters, I will send one to them. You want people to go and get ticketed, I'm in. Let us know how to help. This is bullcrap, it's gotta be stood up to. Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I learned a lot about the public trust from this. Thanks guys, had no idea, just always assumed they could do what they wanted.
    Thanks for the support. I sent you an email, please email back. Where do you live ?

rpsurf, I don't have pm priveleges yet, but I'm in too. If you can coordinate this for a day on the weekend, I would like to go and get ticketed. I never fished Shoreham, but there's strength in numbers, and I would like to help. Please e-mail me with the details. Thanks, and great job coordinating this thing, we have the same problems in Monmouth county, NJ.

Default Update

The New York Coalition of Recreational Fishing had it's bi-monthly meeting tonight and this was a hot topic of conversation. At this point The Coalition is pursuing a possible resolution within some contacts within the town. If this does not bear any fruit, then possible next steps include people getting ticketed and an ensuing court fight as well as possibly a large gathering at the beach by fisherman with print and TV media in attendance.

Stay tuned.....

John

very cool, John. I went and fished Ct over the weekend. They have some terrible access isssues up there which made me appreciate what we have in NY and NJ.

It also made me realize that we have to fight for what we have or it will be lost, and we won't get it back.

I'm willing to get ticketed to save NY access. Just let me know, I'm in.

Nice going on the pressure, rp. I'm really not a surf guy, sometimes yes when we take the family to the beach. I understand the importance of keeping this thing in the limelight. Keep up the good fight.

pinhead44 Guest

Smart move. Try to work it out behind the scenes. If not, we should be prepared to organize.

I'm betting that we'll have to go the protest route. Based upon the earlier comments made by Ms Bonner, it seems she hates fishermen, and wishes we would just go away. But we won't.

Nice work, rp.