6. If people are nice enough to clue you into intel as to fishing limited access areas, don't blab it on the internet and ruin it for those who came before you! If you need this explained to you, maybe you should be golfing, not fishing. JustEd recently lost some prime access because some used his name as a reference, went there and mis-behaved, ruining it for a whole group of hard-core anglers who fished there for years. If fishing is so important to you that you NEED to fish, rather than WANT to fish, think before you try to be "helpful" to another angler who's looking for a spot to fish.

7. Pay attention to parking and residency regulations. Police in these towns get a large portion of annual operating revenue from ticketing out of towners. Unless you're aware of the nuances of how the police run their shifts and their levels of aggressiveness in certain areas (a topic best discussed privately), assume that any violations will result in stiff penalties, and always try to comply with the law when in another state.

8. Have all your licenses and fishing info handy and visible. This week I made sure I had all licenses and was listed on all the registries in the places where I want to fish, except for MA and RI. I also registered Pebbles, in case she wants to come on one of those trips.
Know the laws of EACH state you intend to fish, and carry them around with you so there is no confusion.
When I am kayaking and away from my vehicle an area where I feel I COULD be hassled, my info will be clearly visible in the windshield of my car along with my cell phone #. Another smart step to let LE know they don't have to worry about you breaking into the ritzy houses that usually cover those areas.

9. Know that the words "public access" and "Public trust" can sometimes open doors for you. The authorities in many areas know their policies are restrictive and they will hear it from the homeowners if you are tresspassinig. However, even in the tightest communities there is usually some token type of public access. They will even sometimes help you to find these places as they don't want you poking around in non-public access areas, or complaints from homeowners. Your job as a NOMAD is to find those places, keep them close to your vest, and benefit from fishing there. Again. please do not blab them on the internet as you or others who fish there will NOT benefit.