Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunrises and sunsets

note LBI surf fishing tourney decals. coulda won a weekly with a nice slot fish one year, but released her. shoulda seen the other guys on the beach try and snag her!

idiots.

btw bought old bessie here brand new in 88 from Pt. Pleasant Ford. she was a gamer!

Irene approaching last night:

That is a beautiful photo. Even the hurricanes down by you are full of color. did you guys get any damage down there?

I just might use that as a screensaver if it is ok with you John.

*blush* by all means

God does the handiwork, i just push the camera button.

we didn't have any damage in my neck of the woods, but there was quite a bit of damage at the coast.

this one's a little wider:

these are from that same night:

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
    *blush* by all means

God does the handiwork, i just push the camera button.

we didn't have any damage in my neck of the woods, but there was quite a bit of damage at the coast.
    Alot of your pics look like there is fire in the sky down there. Your location says you live in Raleigh, NC? I guess you live away from the city as it appears to be awesome color not tainted by any other lights. Awesome.

Some sunrise beach photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC4008.jpg   DSC4007.JPG  

DSC4009.JPG   DSC4011.jpg  

DSC4010.JPG  

Default Re: Sunrises and sunsets

Incredible pics VS. The coloirs just jump out at you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fishing boat.jpg  

Steve that is a great picture. I was going to copy it if that's ok with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post

happy now?

knucklehead

Ha ha I love this one. Does it still run or just a fancy flower pot?

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012

Fished this morning ocean side from 1:00 to 10:30, El Skunko. Hit three spots. First spot nothing, didn't see any bait. Next spot lots and lots of bait moving south, in close, didn't see anything on it. Third spot saw what looked like False Albacore. Most of the time was about 275 yards out, Had one brief shot at them (came within 50 yards for maybe a minute), and missed. Was like a lake out there almost. Water was stained early on and seemed to be cleaning up as the morning got later. Was real nice out, humidity gone. Great being out there.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for September 2012 www.StripersAndAnglers.com

Fished this morning from 12:45 to 11:00. Fished out front. Couple bumps in the dark, nothing, worked a good mile of beach. Sun up and I don't think I ever saw so many bait fish. Worked a few areas of the beach, but settled south side of a rock pile. Seemed like every 15 minutes a pod of small bait fish would go by. Some of the pods looked they were being harassed a little, most not. Only managed one small blue on a crippled herring. Did not see any Albies or large fish messing with the pods. At 9:30 headed north and stopped at two spots, first had a few pods of bait fish, nothing on them. Next one I saw a couple of swirls/thrashes in a pod of bait, open beach, no crowd, so got the rod and gave chase, could not hook up. Had a great time, cooler weather was awesome. Decent sun rise. I saw so many pods of bait I was mesmerized. On the way back home on the parkway it seemed like I could see the pods sometimes on the road, and when I close my eyes I see pods of small bait .

Water was hot, was changing a plug in the dark and the plug that was in the water actually felt hot.

Some of these pics are awesome. Monty I think you have a fetish for sunrises and sunsets. Keep em coming.

Fished ocean side this morning, 1:00-10:00, one area, but miles of it. Caught a short striper on Mag-darter around 4:30 (just as it entered the white water). Then only one small blue a little after sun-up. Could see some small bait being harassed for about an hour after daylight. Was a little breezy out there for awhile after the sun was up.
    Also around 3:00 I "caught" another wacky fish. Its been a real weird year fishing so far for me.

No idea what this was.

Fished ocean side this morning 1:00 - 10:00.
    Beautiful night and surf.
    Worked a good couple miles of beach.
    Around 3:30 with a 14" Hogy I hook into a nice fish. Takes drag and I some how loose it.
    5:30 I catch a ~12 inch bass on rubber teaser.
    Sun up, lots and lots of bait. See a couple fish go air born.
    Around 9:00 while working an area with tons of small bait a bunch of Albies pop up 10-20 yards out, they work the small bait, on my 4th cast, with a fast retrieve of a Pojee I hook up, Strong Fast Run, line coming off spool and then its off after about 20 seconds. No more hook ups.
    Was a fun outing, great weather......So I now can't land a fish over 12 inches. Unreal
    Maybe my drag was to tight on both fish...Googan Move. Dark with the elections coming up and this seasons events, looks like I'm giving you a run for President.....You need to do one of those fall asleep in the porta johns or something to steal my momentum. Can't believe I lost both those fish...

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Fished our front this morning 3:30 - 11:00, worked a good mile of the beach. Started off in normal form missing a solid hit on a plastic swimmer .
    Then around 5:15 picked up a short bass on the plastic swimmer. Then around 6:15 another short bass on the rubber teaser.
    Then when the sun came up I was in the middle of a ton of small bait. Half hour later bunch of swirls on the bait but I can't hook up.
    Saw lots of bait and some decent swirls on it as I fished back to where I started, I have been hopeless so far in catching fish that are chasing this small bait. Then around 9:30 was working a pencil and about 30 yards out I see a fish swiping at it. No hook up..then about 10 yards out the fish hits it and I see stripes . Was about 26 inches. Was a really fun trip, cooler weather was awesome. Decent sunrise too.

Attachment 15543

Attachment 15544
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012_10_7_sb2.jpg   2012_10_7_sr1.jpg  

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Fished this morning ocean side 3:30-~9:30. Tons and tons and tons of small bait fish. One short bass on the rubber teaser in close (10 feet from beach) as it was chasing bait as the sun was rising. Hit hard and felt like a blue . Had one other real hard hit and missed (I need to really work on my reflexes and slam that hook home ). Nice morning, had a good time, fished with Rip (he stayed awake this time ). Saw the rod Finchaser made for him, real nice. Cardoc fished some too, was good to see him again.

Sunrise pic with small bait in close:

she runs but needs a starter.

a coupla nights ago...

sorry about the shaky-cam

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast