Thread: More sewage dumping in the Western sound

Default More sewage dumping in the Western sound

Every time the storms come we see this. Get used to it until they float some bond issues to fix some of the outdated sewage plants. This was released a few days ago.

Health officials are urging boaters and beach-goers to avoid the waters off the Long Island Sound today due to a massive sewage spill. The Westchester County Health Department said a failed pump from a treatment facility dumped over 162,000 gallons of untreated sewage into the waters. Water samples have been tested but results have not yet been released.

It is absolutely astounding to me they can get away with that.

I can see the mechanical failures but there should be a back up for those pumps when they fail I really wonder about the maintenance that actually gets done is it sufficient and to update them unless the contractor to do the job is there buddy charges double it gets ok'ed and they kickback the money all looks legit but thats how the govt. works saw it personally on a local level working for them sealed bids my arse.This whole country is done there is no turning back only a higher power can fix it or destroy it now.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Quote Originally Posted by surfstix1963 View Post
    I can see the mechanical failures but there should be a back up for those pumps when they fail I really wonder about the maintenance that actually gets done is it sufficient and to update them

Definitely agree on this, the only time this gets attention is when there is a sewage spill. That ruins the fishing for us for a few weeks, and then every one forgets about it, back to business as usual.