Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

fished out front again this morning 6 to 7:30 AM. Caught 6 bass, 4 were shorts to 26 inches 1 around 12 pounds and 1 around 16 pounds all on metal. Released 5 and gave one to a really nice guy who is learning to eat fish. Amazingly didn't get mugged again by an S&A Googan who thinks he is a descendant of Walt Disney.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Amazingly didn't get mugged again by an S&A Googan who thinks he is a descendant of Walt Disney.
    That's cuz my lazy azz slept in this morning....I woke up at 6am and missed the window.....

Alas, there was no Darkskies tour director to direct the S&A sitemembers to the grouchy old basstards crew.... heard Surfwalker and Vpass rolled on by and they couldn't recognize ya....I should have told them to look for the old geezer on the beach who was high hook...

And I didn't get to see Killie hookin a seagull on his 2nd cast. Being the bird man that I am, if I was there I woulda had to take 30 pics for posterity....

Glad ya's all got fish, sorry I missed it.......

After class today, took Pebbles to moco late this afternoon to try our luck at some beaches. The bait had been building all day but was too far off to do surf guys any good. We gave it our best shot anyway. Made 3 stops, surf was calming down, still some mid-period swells, but definitely fishable. Not a tap at any place we stopped. Back at it in the AM.

Got 3 to 31" this morning on t-hex 2 oz. Fished tonight on the outgoing, zero.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    That's cuz my lazy azz slept in this morning....I woke up at 6am and missed the window.....

Alas, there was no Darkskies tour director to direct the S&A sitemembers to the grouchy old basstards crew.... heard Surfwalker and Vpass rolled on by and they couldn't recognize ya....I should have told them to look for the old geezer on the beach who was high hook...

And I didn't get to see Killie hookin a seagull on his 2nd cast. Being the bird man that I am, if I was there I woulda had to take 30 pics for posterity....

Glad ya's all got fish, sorry I missed it.......

After class today, took Pebbles to moco late this afternoon to try our luck at some beaches. The bait had been building all day but was too far off to do surf guys any good. We gave it our best shot anyway. Made 3 stops, surf was calming down, still some mid-period swells, but definitely fishable. Not a tap at any place we stopped. Back at it in the AM.
    Yeah heard the precious bunker were up there and took most fish with it off the beaches. those things are a pain in the a_s for surf guy's IMO

Well it's 5:15 got to go and try to catch some fish don't want to miss the the as you say window got to meet up with mottly crew in 15 miniutes later

Sat Morning- Out front- first stop- 5:30am-8am- some short Bass on Ava's. Dark, did see someone tangle with a gull to my south there. 9:30am-12:30, moved to my regular area-dead. Did see many bunker dimpling the water, no preditors seen.

Yeah heard the precious bunker were up there and took most fish with it off the beaches. those things are a pain in the a_s for surf guy's IMO
    Bunker suck all the fish from an area like a vacuum. I took Pebbles to Moco last night, fish were caught in the day, slow pick. Then bunker came along, and as they slid off the beach at night took all predators with them. Even the birds that usually sit at one lighted area, were completely gone....

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    Dark, did see someone tangle with a gull to my south there. .
    That would have been the infamous Killie, heard that gull gave him a run for his $$. Dude, bring a towel next time....

Fished the ocean 6-7:30AM.
    A friend from the NS of LI came down to see how we do it in NJ.
    Adam's a Crazy Skisher who fishes the NS, some sick stories. Enjoyed them all, hope ya got some more fish after we left...

Adam got one bass, dropped 1.
    Same for me, slow pick all around where we were. Some guys got no fish at all.
    All fish at the furthest end of the cast...heavy metal worked for us.

Ran into another site member, some more stories.
    Had to cut out early.
    Heard I missed out on a surf seminar....I'm sure my life will now be more empty and bleak having missed it.

As I was leaving, I was in contact with another Site member.
    As Googan of the Fall and Whitewater Nutcase, he's a little out there....

I don't want to jinx him, as he's still out there, hitting it hard, and catching periodically...but he may win a prize for high hook from the surf today...only one guy got more fish so far, and that was with a 11 1/2' rod....

So I'm hoping he bests those numbers, if not, he's #2 so far....
    Catch em up you whitewater freak!

Way to go Monty

I had 2 fish to 27" this am on metal at end of cast.

Wish the big blues would come in and chop the sh_t out of these bunker. For the life of me I can't believe people say there's a shortage. On a famous snag and drop jetty in Monmouth county elbow to elbow they stood with pencil poppers and snag rigs waiting for the bunker to show again today where 1 fish was caught yesterday. To the south you couldn't get another car in the lot as they snagged and dropped for hours all they did was kill what they want to save, while people in area's where there were no bunker caught fish.

Fished this morning normal ocean side area from 1:00 to 3:00, 1 short bass on a SS needle (surfstix gave me a few pointers, hadn't caught a fish on a needle in years), moved to another ocean side area fished 4:00 to 10:00 and picked up 8 more bass, 25 inch to 32 inch. One on a bottle darter, the others on Ava 27 and 37 with red tail (no teaser). All put back, was fighting what was the largest one around 8:00 and during the fight decided I would keep it. I promptly lost it in the wash (knuckle head). Lost another 4 or 5 fish (one on a popper). Was lots of fun, shoulder shot, needed looooong casts. Surf was calming down, not that much white water (LOL).
    Fishing 1x a week and reading everyone's reports, and helpful hints/info really helps, thanks guys.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Good going Monty, Glad you got into them good.

I got 1 on a hopkin about 27 inches this morning. I'm going to head out in about hour from now and hope to add to my total catch for the day. I do want to bring one home for dinner.

3 bass to 30" this morning on a 3 oz diamond jig. I went back this afternoon but it was too windy. A little above the park.

Yeah clamchucker I went back too and it was too sporty. S winds suck. Managed 2 at first light on a 2 oz t hex. Like you guys said furthest end of the cast. Some nice numbers there, Monty, most fish I heard of for today.

Wow monty great catching! And congrats on releasing the keepers too, seems like you had a banner day!
    I fished OC this morning and got one bass 26" on an ava27 with green teaser.

Fished nomoco for the morning shift. 2 bass to 27"on bucktail and 8" white grub. The surf was a bit dirty. they are dredging in the area and I wondered if that had anything to do with it. The bait guys hooked up with nothing but skates. Outstanding catch Monty!

I fished Island Beach this afternoon. It was very windy with the tide coming in there was a lot of flat spots. I got one skate using clams, and just before we were going to leave got one 21" striped bass, released quickly. That was it.

Wish the big blues would come in and chop the sh_t out of these bunker. For the life of me I can't believe people say there's a shortage. To the south you couldn't get another car in the lot as they snagged and dropped for hours all they did was kill what they want to save, while people in area's where there were no bunker caught fish.
    Bunker suck all the fish from an area like a vacuum. ...bunker came along, and as they slid off the beach at night took all predators with them. Even the birds that usually sit at one lighted area, were completely gone....
    Gotta say I agree with the OGB on this one. Last night they drained all the fish out of that nomoco area, and today the bunker just got in the way of a good sandeel bite.

As I was leaving, I was in contact with another Site member.
    As Googan of the Fall and Whitewater Nutcase, he's a little out there....

I don't want to jinx him, as he's still out there, hitting it hard, and catching periodically...but he may win a prize for high hook from the surf today...only one guy got more fish so far, and that was with a 11 1/2' rod....

So I'm hoping he bests those numbers, if not, he's #2 so far....
    Catch em up you whitewater freak!
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Fished this morning normal ocean side area from 1:00 to 3:00, 1 short bass on a SS needle (surfstix gave me a few pointers, hadn't caught a fish on a needle in years), moved to another ocean side area fished 4:00 to 10:00 and picked up 8 more bass, 25 inch to 32 inch. One on a bottle darter, the others on Ava 27 and 37 with red tail (no teaser). All put back, was fighting what was the largest one around 8:00 and during the fight decided I would keep it. I promptly lost it in the wash (knuckle head). Lost another 4 or 5 fish (one on a popper). Was lots of fun, shoulder shot, needed looooong casts. Surf was calming down, not that much white water (LOL).
    Fishing 1x a week and reading everyone's reports, and helpful hints/info really helps, thanks guys.

Monty, the numbers aren't all officially in...but I think ya came in #2 for where you fished, and 10 miles N and S of you today....
    9 bass total, C&R a few keepers,,,,outstanding effort!

A few others got some impressive numbers, while most guys got 1 or 2, or none....
    14 was the highest I heard of by one single angler...
    Also, Mikey Bonz and his friend, representing Staten Island, got 15 at IBSP, but that was between the 2 of them...and the guy who got 14 was using an 11 1/2' rod...why he might as well have been using a rocket launcher....should be disqualified....

So, as of 11:11pm, I think it's safe to award ya the Stripers and Anglers Sunday Googan High Hook award,.....for 2nd highest hook. today...

Congrats and WTG on your persistence, bro, really proud of ya!
    You are a true surf madman...but yer still a googan who has an unnatural fixation on punishment and white water.....

...but yer still a googan who has an unnatural fixation on punishment and white water.....[/COLOR]
    LOL, with 5 cats.
    Its uncommon for me to catch more than 1 bass in an outing this year. In my log most outings have 1 bass caught, stingy bass year.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Got out Friday night out front and caught 5 stripers to 29" (teaser,magdarter and bomber) NOMOCO.

Been out 3 times the past week fishing the rivers in the NW portion of the state for trout. Been catching some browns, rainbows and brookies. Practicing my skillz for my upcoming steelhead trip this weekend. I have been taking my little guys and they are having a blast fishing, playing riverside and landing the fish. Unfortunately, they have not been lucky to catch one yet. Action has been slow and they are still young and tire from continuous casting. Plus they are always finding other fun things to do along the river.

I may go back to the saltwater tonight.

Great reports finchaser, Monty and Charlie and everyone else!

After last Thursday's great night bite, I went back to the same areas Saturday night (no, not even anywhere close to the OC ava/teaser fishing areas - no need and nobody else there too ). Unfortunately, the big swells and huge surf that made for the great fishing Thursday night were both absent this time. Plus, the bright full moon and S (I was hoping for more SW) wind made for a lethal combination. I managed only one short on a white chicken scratch mag bomber. Had another small fish hooked but dropped it on a chartruese darter. Otherwise, a big fat nothing.

But...."I'll be back!"

Fished from 4pm to 7:00 pm. Found bass feeding on rainfish.( swirls, and splashing) I used a 3/4 oz jig head with 4inch sluggo, and caught 5 bass from 20 to 25 inches. had many hits. seen peanuts, and shads lots of bait fish around. There was also no wind during the time the bass were active. Wished i took my flyrod instead.

I am so glad to see that everyone is catching. For some reason I am missing out on all that action. I went out with Dark, saturday night and got nothing. I think the bass are to tricky for me to catch. I can feel the hit but never seem to be able to hook them. Any suggestions?
    I want to have some fun too!!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast