Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for November 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

attack cats u guys are crazy

Here kitty kitty kitty.....

Stiff E wind made for slower action this morning but still got three keepers to 20 lbs. Ava 27 with a red tail, no teaser. Saw a few real big blues caught.

It was hard to get out on the bars because the wind pushed so much water onto them but if you stuck to your guns, you would catch fish at the very end of your cast.

Bababooey, yeah, I forgot all about his attack cats, trained by the King of Siam to rip any intruders to shreds....

Guess I'll have to win the title away from him fair and square...
    the season's not over yet...still time to put another hook in my hand or some other goog move...

Some big fish caught today....
    31#, 34#, 22#....I believe some of those were released,,,in any event they weren't weighed at the famous video store..

Also a 20# bluefish....20 frikkin pounds!!!!!
    That's the ultimate demon from hell....

Honestly, I'm more impressed with the 20# bluefish than the big bass.
    Do any of you folks realize how infrequently someone catches a 20lb bluefish from the surf? About as frequently as someone catches a 50lb bass from the surf....

WTG on the bluefish, all the bass, the releases, the good times, and above all the guys who were willing to get wet today......anyone at all out fishin hard today deserved credit whether they caught or not...hardcore.

Monty's attack cats, trained ninja assassins! ha ha
    Great reports, jealous I have to work and can't get out there.

Fished from 5:30am to 9:30am. I got 5 bass from 26 to 34 inches. 4 of them were keepers, all swimming. I also caught a double header. My 3rd for the year. The bass were caught on Ava 27 with green tail, and Yellow over white teaser. Seen a whale this morning couldn't get my camera out fast enough. Seen alot of Big bass being kept, The biggest about 38 inches 20 to 22 pounds.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011112420111124_082443_08.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	14396

Fished this AM from 5:30 to 8:30 had 4 bass 1 was a short the other 3 were keepers. The biggest was 17 1/2 pounds on the boga grip all on metal all released.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Late report, fished in the bad weather Wed am, hit a place where the fish usually turn on night time in that type of pattern, not a fish to be found anywhere at night...and at first light hit a pocket in the surf for a few minutes, nothing either, had to get out of there and get to work on time....congrats to all those who are hitting it hard and getting into fish, I understand the circus gets more entertaining every day.....

I fished the park from 5-9 a. I had 4 bass to 35", metal and t-hex, released. The crowding was unlike anything I have ever seen there. Nice double header vpass.

Quote Originally Posted by clamchucker View Post
    The crowding was unlike anything I have ever seen there.
    Right on clamchucker. It was insane!
    I was fishing early this morning, before sunrise. Got 3 in the first hour on needlefish and teaser. Then I got 2 more, but it was slow. When I got the 2nd fish it was pretty dead. Left to eat and chill, and then came back at dark, fished till 9:30 with needlefish. Got 3 more to 34".

Finally nailed quanty and quality . But it took me about 8 hours of fishing
    , 19 bass to around 20lbs , I did something stupid and broke the line landing the biggie . Wanted to take a few pics, oh well, everyone in the Park seem to be walking off with nice fish was surreal scene

I got a mulligan after dark and landed one nearly 17 lbs, i got too touch this one! Im not a failure afterall . 3 other fish @ happy hour, time to get the full 4 hours rest and join maybe the biggest beach crowd ever in history.... Try not to get too frustrated out there everyone is catching fish and enjoying this great sport lets all enjoy the ride

Nice fish Sharkhart. I came to NJ from LI today. My nephew and I got 14 fish to 16lbs. Mostly on tins, and some on teasers. He ended up with more than I did, but he is a lot younger and full of energy. Me, I need some time to recharge when you get knocked around on the bars, although it's nowhere as near as bad as Montauk.

We both want to put a special thank out there to Darkskies. Knowing we had never fished the area before, he was like a general, giving us directions and suggestions on the phone, barking instructions. You would not have known he was many states away, with the quality of help he provided, and the suggestions to keep us on the fish. A sincere thanks for all you do here, and for helping some LI surf rats who have had a terrible season stay out of the embarassment by picking at a few nice fish.
    You are always welcome out east, dark, if you need a place to sleep, or I or any of my friends can put you into fish, we will. The NJ crowds were terrible, but we have seen that at Demo and Montauk, so we were used to it. Despite that we had a great day and I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to help us.

Outstanding catches guys. I must have been one of the very few fishermen who decided to fish to the north, skunkola.

skinner, you were not alone in the north, I also went fishless there. Friday-5am-10am. Few bumps in the dark. First light- picked up a one eyed sand eel, and two plastic bags, lost one plug and did a lot of talking to myself. The few clam guys there appeared to be picking up 12" ling. Keep the masses down south, send some Bass back north.

Fished 6am to 8am. Caught 2 bass 1 about 26, and the other 15 pounds on the boga. The short was on the Teaser, and The Keeper was on the Ava27 green tail. only saw 2 other fish caught at my location.

It was a Z00, can wait to Monday I got 1 more week of vacation.

I was talking to a guy that said that they B&N weight 80 Bass yesterday. biggest in the 30's. Thats 80 dead bass. When I was releasing my bass everyone was asking why. I told them that the bass were in trouble again and I gave them the lecture. They where looking at me like I was

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    skinner, you were not alone in the north, I also went fishless there. Friday-5am-10am. Few bumps in the dark. First light- picked up a one eyed sand eel, and two plastic bags, lost one plug and did a lot of talking to myself. The few clam guys there appeared to be picking up 12" ling. Keep the masses down south, send some Bass back north.
    There should be the little bass around. Around this time every year I do well in NoMoCo with little bass 15 to 24 inches. If there not there that there's a problem. Did you see any Herring?

Quote Originally Posted by BassBuddah View Post
    We both want to put a special thank out there to Darkskies. Knowing we had never fished the area before, he was like a general, giving us directions and suggestions on the phone, barking instructions. You would not have known he was many states away, with the quality of help he provided, and the suggestions to keep us on the fish. A sincere thanks for all you do here, and for helping some LI surf rats who have had a terrible season stay out of the embarassment by picking at a few nice fish.

Wonder if DJ could guide like that, from a few states away and put people on fish?
    Good deal ds, and if you are out of state get back here soon as the window is closing. I fished today and got zilch, may have to move S for the next trip.

I made a tactical error and went north of yesterdays positon but still in the park where i seen some better class of fish taken friday, skunk! bite was on teh south end way too many guys to move around literally no spots left after 545am, I was tired and called it an early day before i knew there was a bite south. They appear to have slid south overnight

Friday i also got the "if you dont want those fish we 'll take em"

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Friday i also got the "if you dont want those fish we 'll take em"
    You're lucky they didn't swim in the water to get them after you released them, lol.
    I fished lbi this morning, it was a good bite for about an hour and 15 minutes. Got 5 bass to 33 inches on avas with green tail

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast