Fin and his crew had the hot hand once again....
I mention this because contrary to what some tackle shops are saying, the fish that were here on Fri and Sat are not here in those numbers at this moment for the surf guys....this then becomes an exercise where 5% of the anglers are now getting 95% of the fish in the surf...it really tends to draw the line in the sand to see who will stick it out to the end...surf-wise.....

I fished with another site-member this AM. We had this idea that we would circumvent the crowds and do an end-run on the fish. We were not successful, although the area had some life in the nights and days prior...

maybe I brought that "DarkSkies black cloud" with me this morning, maybe not......... but where we were, there were only a few guys who hooked up consistently, and not knowing that structure well, I'm thinking they were pitching to the holes or the edges of the holes, as the flood tide came in.

High hook, for 1/2 mile N and S of us, was 11 fish, with 3 of those being skates, the rest short fish. There were a few other guys who managed more than one fish, but most caught none at all....and the fish we saw pulled in were mostly small.

There was very spotty, limited activity, and you really had to entice the fish to hit by switching up your metal jigging pattern...at least the guys who got multiple fish did...

There were higher numbers by 1 or 2 that knew that section of beach well and fish it every day,.....but that was the exception, not the norm.

90% of the guys where we were did not hook up at all...

We managed a few swings and misses. The best I could do was 1 dropped fish .
My friend wisely left. My ego got to me, and I stayed another 1 1/2 hours working hard to prove I could get one fish as the sun came out....I failed, that's fishin.

I heard the bite turned back on later in the afternoon...which is great if you have all day to hang at the beach....