Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for December 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

Default NJ Fishing Reports for December 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

Fished this morning from 5:00am to 10:00am. Caught 7 Bass from 27 inches to about 39 inches(21 pounds on the Boga). I also snagged 2 Spinny dogfish in consecutive casts. I did drop 2 bass where one was bigger than the 21 pounder. I also pulled a seam in my waders and my left leg was taking on water. Got to go buy Goop now to fix it for tommorow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011113020111130_082456_01.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	14405

Check this guy out with the sweat pants. He was so excited to get a bass. I could feel his energy, But I could see him get himself in trouble.

Name:	2011113020111130_112821_04.jpg 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	14406

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    Fished this morning from 5:00am to 10:00am. Caught 7 Bass from 27 inches to about 39 inches(21 pounds on the Boga). I also snagged 2 Spinny dogfish in consecutive casts. I did drop 2 bass where one was bigger than the 21 pounder. I also pulled a seam in my waders and my left leg was taking on water. Got to go by Goop now to fix it for tommorow.

Name:	2011113020111130_082456_01.jpg 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	14405

Check this guy out with the sweat pants. He was so excited to get a bass. I could feel his energy, But I could see him get himself in trouble.

Name:	2011113020111130_112821_04.jpg 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	14406
    At least some one I know got fish. Looks like a real man (assho_e) in that photo When Dark See's this he'll try this new way to wash his feet while fishing. I guess as soon as marathon man gets back,(bet he sleeps in his waders tonight where you caught those fish this morning), we will have a December reports thread too.

A great and truthful report^^^^as always

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

I Fished this morning from 6:00am to 10:00am. Walked out to the bar and casted a black SS Needlefish. The First cast and first crank of the reel I hooked and landed a 29 to 30 inch bass. Then nothing to about 7:00 to 7:30. I thought to myself the first cast curse. Then I caught 2 more moving around jumping on differnt Bars. Did see a few individuals that were consistantly hooking up. Most bass I saw were between 25 to 30 inches. The bigger fish were missing. I'm hoping to get out a few more times this Dec. I'm back to work on Monday. Hope there's a night bite. I Might become a weekend worrior, but almost nobody fishes after Nov.

Name:	2011120120111201_074311_03.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	14416

Here is another fisherman in sweatpants.

Name:	2011120120111201_105204_19.jpg 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	14417

Here is a fisherman who decided to go for a swim near a cut. I from a distance knew he was going under as he was crossing to get to the bar. The water is a lot deeper near the cut.

Name:	2011120120111201_102226_11.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	14418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011120120111201_102230_12.jpg 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	14421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011120120111201_102238_13.jpg 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	14420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011120120111201_102245_14.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	14419

Default NJ Fishing Reports for December 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

NJ fishing reports for December 2011. ..www.StripersandAnglers.com
    NJ fishing reports for November 2011...www.stripersandanglers.com
    Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post.

Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
    Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
    Out Front (Ocean) OR -- Out Back (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.
    More discussion on this:
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ead.php?t=3763

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
    NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
    SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
    IBSP - Island Beach State Park
    LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
    AI - Absecon Inlet
    CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
    CMC - Cape May County
    CMR - Cape May Rips
    GEI - Great Egg Inlet
    TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
    BB - Barnegat Bay
    CB - Chesapeake Bay
    CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
    DB - Delaware Bay

Skinner,
    you won the plug in the October random drawing!
    PM me your address so I can send it out to ya!

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.

If you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well. Anyone who posts a report can win a plug even if they got skunked!

This month we're giving out plugs from Ace Baits, or something similar.
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...splay.php?f=83

Thanks for posting and helping to make this a great site!

2 day report, the brief one...more details here..
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...d+water+safety

Thu
    Fished Island Beach, AM bite, really missed out on the hottest action because I was about a mile from it. Few fish caught where I was. After 2 hours, managed one short bass on metal.

Afternoon - Hooked up with the OFFC
    http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...ARDS-out-there..

Spent a few hours driving up and down the whole beach, action almost non-existent...the Metal Master from the OFFC managed one bass on metal (naturally! ) This old geezer landed a nice bass on his first cast! First frikkin cast! Then we rode up and down...I finally managed my 2nd bass on metal as well.

There was a short 1/2 hour period of activity right before dark, some keepers to the teens were caught, but not many.

PM. - decided to ramp up my skill set, learning different areas, and fished another beach in the park for an hour on the flood tide. Out on the bar, beautiful water, needlefish and some other profiles, not a touch....

Fri - Slept in my car as not to miss the morning bite....OTW at 6am, no fish for me till 7:30. Hot bite between 7:30 - 8am. I picked the bars that seemed to have the most action and did OK, 5 bass, biggest mid teens and 34", ava with green tail outfished other profiles 10:1 today.

The bite continued to 9:30 in some areas, as the tide came in...
    One last bass was caught as I left the beach at 10am. I predicted the next notable activity would be around the turn of the tide... good morning on the beach, and good 1 1/2 days at IBSP, met lots of good people.

Fished this AM 6 to 7:30 released 2 fish to 32" in a nice unpopulated area with my friends and didn't have to put up with crowds of mostly idiots and the minimal so called bite at IBSP yesterday and today.

Way to go Dark over 36 hours to catch 6 or 7 fish now thats some bite. I am starting to believe you are not firing on all cylinders and have some major issues.

Hundreds of guys and B&N only weighs in 15 fish.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Walked my regular beach this morning- 5am to 8:30am. Nothing going on at all, not a tap, left.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Fished this AM 6 to 7:30 released 2 fish to 32" in a nice unpopulated area with my friends and didn't have to put up with crowds of mostly idiots and the minimal so called bite at IBSP yesterday and today...Hundreds of guys and B&N only weighs in 15 fish.
    WTG for running against the herd, OGB.

Way to go Dark over 36 hours to catch 6 or 7 fish now thats some bite. I am starting to believe you are not firing on all cylinders and have some major issues.
    You're only just discovering this?
    and you've known me for HOW LONG?????

Fished this morning SoMoCo from 1:30 to 8:30. Nothing in the dark, Sun up on long cast from beach just over the bar ~28 inch Bass on yellow/white teaser, released.
    Then got out on the bar and nothing doing. Great time playing in the white water.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

That is an awesome pic, Monty! Got 3 bass last night around high tide back in the bay, one keeper 28". Clams

Like the pic too monty, good job. Fished island beach this am, managed 2 bass to 8 lbs around 8, when there was a 1/2 hour activity. The guys at betty and nicks are bs'ers as there were not many fish at all. Lots of hype don't believe it.

12-3 report. Much to my surprise, was able to eek out another trip to the shore. Fished OC friday night. Not even a bump. Fished ISBP Sat morning saw a handul of fish caught, only 1 keeper. Pretty small ratio of fish to fisherman. Didn't want to endure the punishment the guys out on the bars were experiencing - especially because there was no real bite on. Man, saw at least 3-4 guys take a good dunking. One couldn't get his footing and had to get pulled out of the wash by some friends. crazy stuff for 22-24" bass.

Anyway, as I like to work north up the coast, took a long drive along the shore. Miles and Miles of dead water. I remember years when in late Nov/Dec you could pretty much pick at shorts throughout the day with metals. Not this year at least. Found some birds working around a Jetty in MoCo, didn't see any fish working, but took a long walk and gave it a shot anyway...nothing. Finished up at SH for the outgoing. Took the long walk, some bird activity, but didn't connect w/ fish. Fly rod guys were find a pick of shad and small stripers. tried some small plugs w/ teasers but couldn't entice.

Big fat skunk for me, but I just love getting away and fishing. As usual, met some really cool people. It won't be long and some of my boys will be ready to go w/ me. Maybe even next year. Can't wait.

For some reason I decided to take the 2.5 hour drive down to LBI last night.

Fortunately, fish felt sorry for me. Before top of tide to sunrise, 19 bass to 26 lbs., mostly in the 30-33" range on SS needles. I'm glad the drive was worth it because it could have been an awfully long drive back home if I'd skunked or only caught a couple shorts.

But I ain't doing the five hour round trip again this year!

Fished the hook down to the rocks today, trolled shads. One short striper around the area right before the rocks. Otherwise it was like the dead sea out there. That was frustrating because there was a lot of bait.

Hundreds of guys and B&N only weighs in 15 fish.
    That's because he is the biggest liar of all time. His reports have no credibiility for me. He's not an honest guy, lies like a rug.

Vpass, Saturday I saw a guy go off the bar, some guys from Berkeley had to save him. Crazy. Cool pics.

Fished the last hour before dark tonight, 1 small bass on a needlefish. Nice catching Geoff.

I was on the boat yesterday, the herd at IBSP has definatley thinned we had two bass there saw 2 others among the flotilla. Seems like the bait left there and its not an end of the season too cold thing. But on the way back found bass and blues in northern OC, had to come in semi early was still going on @ 1:30. If anyone saw the party boats there was a body of fish that just havent been there in weeks, don't know what it means for the surf bite though.

last nite we got 3 rats on clams in the bay. missed one monster hit, musta been godzilla.

4 short bass this morning in the park. Diamond jig with green tail.

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    That's because he is the biggest liar of all time. His reports have no credibiility for me. He's not an honest guy, lies like a rug.

Vpass, Saturday I saw a guy go off the bar, some guys from Berkeley had to save him. Crazy. Cool pics.
    Fished OC early after work, got 5 bass to 30" before dark, in close. bombers, diawa, and magdarter did the work.
    Jigfreak, I was there that day and heard about that, here is the official report:

"The Berkeley Striper Club had a record striper tagging weekend, as 347 bass were tagged from Friday through Sunday at Island Beach. Best of all, they also saved the life of a non-member surfcaster swept off a bar while trying to get closer to the fish -- and was being carried out to sea before a club member made a cast to him and kept him close enough to rescue."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast