Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
Keep advertising IBSP and it will get worse
I wonder if the tackle report hype has anything to do with the crowds there, Ol Grouchy...
Some of the hype VS honesty from an answer I gave to someone....

"down there...

1....they are catching a fish on every cast... (I wonder how many thousands of fish that translates to, a "fish on every cast", if 400 guys fish there on a weekday for 6 hours)...there is extra credit for those who get this answer right...

2. ....it's "epic fishing" every day, and guys (every one of them) has freezers so full of fish, and arms so sore, that they are actually tired of catching those saltwater carp...
Reports:
Mon:Fish on every cast!
Tue: Epic fishing!
Wed: Get down there now!
Thur: Rods bent all up and down the beach!
Fri: The whole island is on fire right now!
Sat: Guys have stopped fishing their arms are so tired!
Sun: The fish are all over, get out there NOW!

The real intel...
There is a morning bite, not necessarily around sunrise anymore, which can start around 7:30 am and last for an hour or so, depending on where you set up.
If it's sunny the fish move out and the bite dies.....so much for "a fish on every cast"

If it's overcast there is a better bite, and you may be able to pick at fish throughout the day...there is another 1/2 hour bite, usually before dark.

There have been other times of activity, but the ones I described above are the most consistent, and honest...

There are still fish around, but despite the hype (a 33# was actually caught today, nonetheless there were many guys who got nothing)....the quantity and size of fish has greatly diminished since Thanksgiving..

To get the highest numbers, you will have to be out on the bar, with the biggest crowds,,,,,it becomes a casting contest....and most of us who got fish took waves over the head over and over...wear your drytop and put your Viking uniform on..."

Thanks for your efforts, and your posts, guys, way to buck the herd mentality.