Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for December 2011 www.StripersandAnglers.com

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    If it was my last of 2011 I went out in style
    Nice Bass SharkHart !
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fished the park from 6-7:30 am, got nothing. The bite has really slowed down. For those folks who are still out there, low tide this afternoon might be better.

fished the bay last nite around high tide we got fish, sum were up too 44" all on clams, ledhed was there too and got sum, these fish had not one thing in there bellies.

Nice fish, Shark and others... I haven't been able to get out in a while, it's killing me... ...congrats on the persistence...

Great reports guys. I fished lbi yesterday but must have dialed in to the wrong time, used avas and got the skunk.

Seamonkey, don't feel bad, this late fall bite is winding down very quickly. The guys who are getting fish are playing a game of musical chairs. For 2 days in a row, the red X will be in one area, and the next 2 days, dead water....these are small pockets of fish we're pitching to....with the exception of the 2 decent size bodies I saw this morning, out of reach of surfcasters, we're in the final weeks of this 2011 surf season....any further consistency wil have to come from getting on a boat and chasiing them. for the guys who want decent numbers before it['s over...otherwise, the rest of the surfcasters will have to be content with a bass or 2 here or there, unless you get lucky....but ask yourself, when was the last time you were able to fish this late in Dec without feeling like your fingers would fall off...that, my friend, is the true blessing that I'm seeing now...best of luck...

Fished all night last night. There was no wind, there were some mumblings of a night bite, and I had to give it a shot.

First place lots of birds and bait in 46 degree water, and a very few small fish in the mix... I geve it everything I had, even ended up with small 3" rubber and teaser, still could not pull a fish out of that area. Ego kept me there for over 2 hours, still no success.

Moved to the rocks. Hadn't been there since I had a fall last time and did $100 worth of damage to my reel, and some possible damage to my brain, but with all I've been through, brain damage isn't that noticable...

8th cast got a bump on a small swimmer. Anticipation of a good night reared it's ugly head, and I paid for that false anticipation dearly...another 2 hours went by before I nailed the only fish of the night, small bass, on a Surfstix 3" teaser

The cold seemed to make the water cloudy where I was, and the fishing really sucked...but being out there didn't.... it was just me and the jetty rats, the ones that will eat your eyeballs out if you accidentally fall asleep for a few minutes....

It was 31 degrees when I started, and ended for the night...but with no wind, the feeliing of being out there in mid-December, with no one fishing for miles around me, was a powerful motivator to keep going. Even though I did poorly, the solitude and awesomeness of those rocks was enough to fill my cup of surf addiction for just a little while longer....

Finally left those rocks, to return to the original place. By that time the bait and birds has left, it was as if they had never existed....

Slept in the car for 2 hrs, up at 6:30 to hit the beach for the morning bite. Upon scouting, I found 2 areas with massive clouds of birds, each about 1 mile long, and breaking bass..all about 2oo yds out.

Only 1 other surfcaster and I were fishing, neither of us managed a fish, while we stood there and drooled at all the predators breaking water just out of reach....

Shot some video footage before I left to go to work. Will post up in the kayak reports section when I get a chance....

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    It was 31 degrees when I started, and ended for the night...but with no wind, the feeling of being out there in mid-December, with no one fishing for miles around me, was a powerful motivator to keep going. Even though I did poorly, the solitude and awesomeness of those rocks was enough to fill my cup of surf addiction for just a little while longer....
    Dark, my last outing was only 3 hours long, 2:00 -5:00 AM, low tide, full moon (below 30 degrees), awesome structure with nice wave action. Only got that short bass, but as you said, "the solitude and awesomeness of those rocks", substitute the beach for me, I was awed by how perfect the night was. Its fishing, not catching, its the experience. Don't need to catch to enjoy the experience.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Fished last night, high tide, bayside. I think the bay is finally dead. None of us got a fish last night, not even a short. We had a nice bite for 2 weeks, not consistent, but nice. I think I may finally hit the ocean this week.
    Monty I like what you said. A few of us fish together a lot. Lately it's been cold, and not great, except for the last few days. We have a real good time out there, and even when we don't catch, we are always playing jokes on each other. The fish isn't what it is about sometimes.

OC from 6-8:30a today, 3 bass, 2 on the teaser, all runts.

fished rocks last weekend for the 1st time and had a blast! caught alot of blackfish! lost 10 rigs/fished with crabs. alot of keepers but everything went back. plan to go again this weekend. could use a little help identifying the types caught. a few had a tiger like pattern while others solid black with a few white spots on each side.

thay are all black fish

OC 5-8, wind building up, one keeper on a ss needlefish.

This is a late report, sorry for the tardiness. I drove from LI last Sat to Island Beach State Park with my nephew. It was the 2nd time we have been there. We both want to thank Dark for his guidance and feedback. It really helped us to dial in with the fish. He called several times to check up on us and gave us some different suggestions.
    During the Thanksgiving week we went there, we both did well. This saturday, it was not that great. There was a line of guys where we were, about 300, and only maybe a dozen fish were caught. My nephew managed one fish out of those dozen, and nothing for me.
    Based on Dark's advice, we did drive around, but did not stay for the afternoon, which I understand was a little better. We wanted to get back home and avoid the traffic. I want to thank you for your hospitality and involvement Dark, nice bunch of folks we met out there, and even some fellows from the area we fish. It was a pleasure to see my nephew get some fish, and we thank you for your part in that. We may be back again next year. Hope to see you all out there then.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Dark, my last outing was only 3 hours long, 2:00 -5:00 AM, low tide, full moon (below 30 degrees), awesome structure with nice wave action. Only got that short bass, but as you said, "the solitude and awesomeness of those rocks", substitute the beach for me, I was awed by how perfect the night was. Its fishing, not catching, its the experience. Don't need to catch to enjoy the experience.
    Thats because you are sane and use judgment (3 hours), while the head googan marathon man(DS) pursues rumors with kayak in tow. He as the Master Googan chases rumors ,spends way to much time matching profiles as he pursues a night bite that rarely if ever exists this time of year.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

OC around sunrise, dirty water and skunk time.

Fished moco 6-8, water was churned up like fishinmission said. A little gusty with the wind. Threw needle fish and metal, nada.
    Dark I just wanted to thank you for that plug, and all you do. Happy Holidays to you and kudos for all you do.

Same report from lbi guys, dead water this morning, Hope someone did better than I did.

Sat. 12/17 - 6:30am-9:30am. 3 tiny shorts on leadhead/rubber. Quite a few light/lethargic taps. Saw no activity anywhere. Water a little off color. Beautiful morning for mid Dec.

Coming in now On the boat, the rumors of thick bass in monmoth county are indeed true drift was a bit fast but lots of bass and blues and birds all day bite unlike that ibsp early bite last month. Not dinks either

Acres and acres of bass and blues just off the beach in MoCo today. Boaters killed them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast