Sunday report, a little late:

Came back from a day trip to CT Sun night. Great fishing, terrible access, boat guys are doing better. They were catching bass all week up to 35lbs, limiting out in a few hours. Tried to set up a boat trip with some people I know, but I didn't give them enough notice, so we fished from shore.

The harbors are filled with adult bunker. I was walking alongside a bulkhead and saw thousands of them. You have to look for them, not everywhere, but there are huge schools.

The bluefish are coming in before sunrise, and in the evenings, and killing the bunker, bluefish up to 14lbs, talked to one guy who got 100 on bunker chunks Thur night.

Also getting them on poppers and swimmers, but most of the people fishing the bulkheads there are using fresh bunker, it's everywhere if you have a snag hook.

Unfortunately, we went when it was low tide, and I couldn't hang till the night time, so yesterday sucked, but I learned a lot anyway.

I also saw spearing that was 6 and 7" long.

The one thing that sucks is you guys have almost no access other than the state parks and some marinas. They really don't like surf fishermen much in Connecticut, do they?