Thread: jetty safety, jetty tips

Threaded View

Default No one will Laugh @ you in da Mecca

Thanks Dark Skies!
    when you live 5 miles from the most dangerous spot on LI
    you evolve. In this spot a well established plug makers/ MTK contest winners has been swept away & had to swim 50 minutes to get back. BTW the rescue for that plug maker took 70 minutes to deploy. He had been on shore almost 20 minutes when they showed up. The 2 men ditched their VS reels, lami rods & plug bags losing thousands but keeping their lives. But don't feel too bad for him cuz most of you guys probably own a few of his bottle darters.

In light of this event; i began to practice swimming in fins & boots. Eventually i began carrying glow sticks, energy gel,gatoraid & protein bars, all in a camalbak i can swim with. I'm considering purchasing a spot GPS locator too. That was Zeno's suggestion.

MTK locals will never laugh at you for wearing a PFD! go out with out korkers & toss a popper durning a buck tail blitz & cross a few lines..... then they'll laugh at you.

I'll wear that same set up at IBSP too in certain situations. Even a sandy beach can
    mess you up: remember the guy who almost drowned on Dec 1st this year at IBSP?

Bottom line is ......no fish is worth your life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rock star.jpg