Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
I don't know how you will be successful fighting the parking fishing crazy. I don't like the restrictions but I kind of see how the townspeople could get mad. Have you seen the AH jetty lately? It has turned into a garbage dump on some weekend days. I cannot believe how sloppy some of these idiots are.

We also have to pay for parking in Asbury Park, and even in the bombed out lot at 8h ave they now have oarking spots and you have to pay. I don't see how you can fight that. They definitely won't take them out once they put them in place. I think it's just something we are going to have to put up with. As for Pullman, I don't blame the folks who live there having those signs put up. Have you seen the insanity and trash and disgusting behavior that happens on that street when the bite is on? Shameful.
The deal with reigning in fisherman who are pigs is something we as fisherman have to take control of.I know I for one do not tolerate any A-Holes when I am fishing.I have picked up trash that I have seen guy's throwing on the ground and sent the same guy's home with it.I also carry trash bags with me when I fish.The number of fisherman who are affected by the few scumbags out there have to stand up and force these pieces of @#%#$^^$ to keep quiet ,pick up after themselves,and follow the rules so we don't loose our right to fish!I agree that there are some real scumbags out there those people need to be educated.I find a baseball bat to be a great teacher!

Now as far as the parking issue when any of these towns apply for a permit to build on tidal water or request beach replenishment,or want to do anything which requires a permit along tidal water,we as fisherman will have a voice.The DEP will be holding public comment periods for all of these permits and the requirement for access from the Public Trust will be put forth every time.Any town with restrictions will have to change them in order to get their permit's approved.So we do have some power to fight these parking issues.We as fisherman just have to stand up for ourselves!

Steve thank you for the response!

FC