Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports April 2012 www.stripersandanglers.com

fished the hook yesterday morning.windy day got 8 skates 1 big clear nose ray.and a small black fish

Clear nose ray, how can that be?
    It's only freaking April!

I just got off the phone with Chas. He's retired and been fishing a long time. It sounds impossible to believe, but it was indeed a clear nose ray. Took him forever to get it in.....somewhere in the 20# class or bigger, he didn't weigh it.....

So be careful of your spiked rods, you folks who are fishing in the ocean.....
    Don't venture too far away or a ray could just end up taking your gear towards England....

As Head Googan here, it might seem like I know some things....

Believe me, ya don't want to ask me how I know this....I learned the hard way,,,,,so you folks can benefit from my mistakes....They're here already....

Unbelievable. Almost sounds like an April Fools joke. Congrats Chas at least you got something. Getting blackfish from the surf is awesome!
    I was out in nomoco tonight, got 4 bass to 27 1/2" on tsunami shads.

Got 3 bass to 16pounds, rubber. Fished the back, late tide. The bass are on herring big time.

Caught the skunk as far as stripers. We did get a mess o blues, all on bunker. Freaky.

Did the boat thing Friday from IBSP to Long Branch all the bass schools are much smaller and the headboats were 4 1/2 to 6 miles off in 70 to 80 feet of water, very little life in closer than 1 1/2 miles water 50 everywhere. Have not seen any bunker schools mostly herring no one even trying to snag. A few of my charter Friends have reported it's like this all the way down to Virginia no large schools of bass . Seems the warm winter may have changed everything, mother natures way of protecting her own.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice going guys! Fished somoco this am on the outgoing tide. Fished with storm shads and bombers not a touch. There was some bird life but it didn't seem that concentrated and it was way far out.

Pebbles and I took a ride to the ocean yesterday. It was almost at the end of the ebb. A poor time for fishing but good for scouting. She wasn't in the mood to run all over the place like I usually do, so we walked one beach area and fished a bit while I noticed how the structure had changed.
    There have been some significant changes in northern NJ beaches, well worth the walk to scout out the soft structure changes and new holes and cuts.
    Missed the window for a yak trip after we got home, back at it another night.

Way to put in your time, people.

Hey Dark you can't win em all. Nice to hear Pebbles is fishing again. Glad to hear you both got out together.
    I fished moco tonight and got 8 bass to 39" on a loaded bomber, and white shads. All released. Most of the action was on the bottom of the incoming. These fish were very aggressive and a lot of fun. Good times!

Took a loooooong walk this am to fish the top half of the ebb out front. Managed two on an ss needle, both around 34". Fun morning!

Fished MOCO 1:30 to 8:00 this morning. Caught 5 Stripers, (4 were all around 33", other ~24"). 2 Bass on a 14" Hogy (rear hook), 1 on metal lip plug (herring color with a rattle), 1 on a Daiwa SP minnow, smaller bass on on a small Creek Chub Chrome Striper Strike Popper. Lost 2 on 7" rubber shad and missed a few hits. Nice action throughout the night, awesome time. All released and swimming.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

way to go ^^^^^^

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Nice going Monty, that's a good outting.

Excellent effort guys, getting out there and making your own reports instead of waiting for instructions from the internet.
    Monty you really mixed it up out there....The mark of a good fisherman is finding a bite and seeing all the different things that might work for that place in time....I know you haven't been out in awhile and missed a lot of the action....seems like you made up for it in that marathon.....I enjoyed all the reports, people, great effort.

I got out on the yak this AM before dawn and had a slow pick of bass to 34", 15#. I covered an insane amount of ground and once the sun came up a lot of people seemed to be fishing and not catching.....starting to see the fish are really concentrated around certain areas, with a lot of dead water in between....full report in the kayak reports thread...

Woo hoo the bass are here! Fished moco last night on the outgoing tide. It was some great action and I got 4 stripers to 36". Man were they fat! On Daiwa, and bombers. They were slamming the plugs! Ran into Storming Steve and he beat up on em too with some bigger fish. I think he got 8, awesome night. All released.

There must be something secret in the water up there. Time for a road trip. good job fellas.

CONGRATS GUYS! IVE MADE ABOUT 9/10 TRIPS IN THE PAST 2WEEKS. MANAGED A FEW SHORTS 1 14" IN NORTHERN NJ ON THE 6TH AND 2 MORE IN THE MID 20'S ON THE 11TH WITH MY 2 GLUED TOGETHER FINGER TIPS .

extreem dont worry if u are out rite now u wud be catching. we are getting a lot o bloofish but sum bass too. get fresh bunker it works! i fished the back last nite and only got 1 shorty bass but the guy about 20 feet away got a 50 inch bass i saw him measure it dont know if he weighted it in at a tackle shop but it was big and fat he took it home what a pig!

Yup extreme he is right. We have been blasting the blues on bunker all week in the back where the flats are. I got a few bass but mostly blues. Big ones too to 35". Nasty critters. Congrats on the bass guys.

havent caught a blue yet if anyone is feeling generous and wants to point me in the right direction feel free to PM me i dont want to put the spots ive been fishing up on the board so PM me. people have been catching around me. nothing to brag about though. 10-20 guys most of the time and only 1-3 shorts being caught being caught. shitty odds! ive been fishing with bunker and throwing rubber and plugs with my other rod. sorry for the shitty report guys . i had all the details stored in my head but as the days passed and i didnt get to post i forgot most of the details.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast