Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
Theory VS Reality....as it applied to the 2011 Winter Season - Facts and Myths about Hudson River fish

At the time of this thread the fish have just started to head up the Hudson en masse...yes there have been isolated catches of larger fish in the Hudson since March 1, but most anglers were not catching far upriver....I'll talk about this in another post.

Since this post things have fallen into place nicely. The Hudson River fish are now within the entire range of the Hudson river. It's hard to estimate these things scientifically, and my point is...I think the scientists have trouble estimating these things with accuracy as well.....

However, based on conversations with Charter Boat Capts, and folks who have been fishing for bass regularly, I think it might be fair to say that over 80% of the bass that were in the area, are now in that river or directly in front of it....

The bass action in the back of the Raritan Bay has slowed considerably....although folks are catching, friends who fish regularly confirm this slowdown in action....

There are some bass left in the Bay and Rivers, and some bass left in the ocean, but the numbers are incredibly minimal compared to just a short week ago.....

Look for a period of slow or minimal bass activity for NNJ beaches, for about 5 to 10 days..... (Again this is just an estimate)
This activity should be supplemented by the incredible bay bluefish action as there are reports of larger blues mixed in with cocktail blues (First year in a while this has happened) all over the NY/NJ Bight.

The poor showings for the NJ party boats fishing in the ocean are further evidence of this....