Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for May 2012 www.Stripersandanglers.com

fished the hook this morning with clams,2 skates didn't see a striper or blue fish caugth.did see a lot of bunker but nothing under them.

Yesterday 1 bass 11# and 24 bluefish all still swimming bass on a plug and blues on metal
    Today 19 bluefish all on metal all still swimming

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

^^ Looks like you old farts are schooling the young uns on the site, WTG, Chas and Fin.

I sent the OFFC (Old Farts Fishin Club) on a mission to catch, today in the sunlight.....

They had that old Gloom and Doom Surfcaster Yardville Jimmy with em, though.
    Lately he's more interested in landscaping his house, than fishing....

Hope he didn't drag them down too much, and they got at least a fish or 2.....Cmon you OLD FARTS we're rooting for ya's!

hey dark they aint the only onez fishin we been representing at nite too the only prob is its mostly blue doggies. got at least 25 between us last 3 nights even in the rain they are like the devil they dont want to leave but u know its fun. we did get 2 bass 1 was 15lbs and the other was 23 but other than that its the blue doggies all on meat! finchaser and the other old dudes glad u r catching but u kno nothing beats da bunker chunks and heads. anytime u want to fish bunker with us let me kno and i will snag enuff for all of us. u bring the beer we bring the bunker. let me kno dudes!

Quote Originally Posted by wish4fish View Post
    hey dark they aint the only onez fishin we been representing at nite too the only prob is its mostly blue doggies. got at least 25 between us last 3 nights even in the rain they are like the devil they dont want to leave but u kno its fun. we did get 2 bass 1 was 15lbs and the other was 23 but other than that its the blue doggies all on meat! finchaser and the other old dudes glad u r catching but u kno nothing beats da bunker chunks and heads. anytime u want to fish bunker with us let me kno and i will snag enuff for all of us. u bring the beer we bring the bunker. let me kno dudes!
    Wish, i wouldnt mind getting out with ya. Would have to be on a day when i dont go out on the boat though. One day ill let you guys know when i dont have a crew and will send an invite out to some s n a members. Promised finchaser first though. Gotta get him down here. Tough when the family comes as i dont have a yacht. Lol.

Great catches guys.I fished this morning at the begginning of the outgoing tide in ocean county right above island beach. I was using clams and bunker. Kept getting a lot of taps, no fish. Then finally a big skate. I took one pole and put on smaller hooks, hi low rig. Got 5 nice blowfish! Will be eating for dinner.

Late report, fished Tue after work, and last night, nomoco. I started out with shads but there were a lot of small bluefish 1-3lbs chomping the tails. Switched to bucktail and rind and racked quite a few up. They were relentless on the outgoing tide. Finchaser Chas and Wish, nice going on the bass. So far all I have this week is the pest small blues. Back at it again this weekend.
    Baitstealer grats on the blowfish. I haven't seen a good run of blowfish for years.
    Rip remember if you fish with us your fish count starts at 0. Boat fish don't count.
    And you and Dark better supply the pork roll egg and cheese or no deal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1450p00000000000000.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	15227Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF14475y6u78.jpg 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	15228Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF14573retgyhujg.jpg 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	15229
    Had plenty of blues last night ...testing out plugs and camera and surfstick. I had the whole area all to my self not a sole around.
    Learned a leason about taking video ...keep the lens clean at all time.

Quote Originally Posted by storminsteve View Post
    Late report, fished Tue after work, and last night, nomoco. I started out with shads but there were a lot of small bluefish 1-3lbs chomping the tails. Switched to bucktail and rind and racked quite a few up. They were relentless on the outgoing tide. Finchaser Chas and Wish, nice going on the bass. So far all I have this week is the pest small blues. Back at it again this weekend.
    Baitstealer grats on the blowfish. I haven't seen a good run of blowfish for years.
    Rip remember if you fish with us your fish count starts at 0. Boat fish don't count.
    And you and Dark better supply the pork roll egg and cheese or no deal.

Today we were in the boat, 3' of water, anchored up in front of three guys wading out aabout 2 to 300 yards from shore. Being that we were in 3' of water but still in the boat does that still count??? Lol. We caught a ton of big blues today again.

Fished yesterday end of incoming thru the first half of the outgoing. Made afew stops until I ran into a few Coctails blues. Seen bunker but nothing under them. Fished the bag, the blues only wanted metals. seen a few fluke and searobins caught.

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    Today we were in the boat, 3' of water, anchored up in front of three guys wading out aabout 2 to 300 yards from shore. Being that we were in 3' of water but still in the boat does that still count??? Lol. We caught a ton of big blues today again.

About what time did you finish up for the day? Were there 2 kayaks nearby?
    Was there a picket line of rods on the beach in front of where you were?

Pebbles and I were on the sand in that general area.. She told me she thought she saw a SERIOUS GOOGAN on the sand and it might be you....
    I told her you're too much of a SHARPIE to be a Googan anymore, and rare is the day that you allow your feet to touch the sand touched by us commoners, only the best Fiberglass and Gel-Coat for you......
    Congrats, at least ya got some big blues.....

I took Pebbles on a RB tour of some bluefish hotspots before sunset tonight. We hit 4 places and found they only caught numbers of fish late afternoon from one of them....

Of course we arrived an hour after the last fish was caught....

Then we fished some other back bay areas, for the next 1 1/2 hours.

Prime time for the tide...
    lots of grass shrimp but not much other action, no fish activity for us at all.

We finished up around 230. There were kayaks out there but, where I was there were no guys on the beach. Only three guys wading to the chest deep water about 2 to 300 yards out. They got into them good. They had a stringer of bluefish attched to them. They had to have at least 10 fish tied to there wastes.
    We anchored up in front of them giving them pleanty of room because they must have had finchaser rods and speedys pocket rockets because they were getting it out there.
    My nephews first time tangling with a blue. His words and ecpressions of " holy ****" when he had his blue of at least 27" on was priceless and watching his dad smile at his son was worth every bit of it. Great day on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Pebbles and I were on the sand in that general area.. She told me she thought she saw a SERIOUS GOOGAN on the sand and it might be you....
    I told her you're too much of a SHARPIE to be a Googan anymore, and rare is the day that you allow your feet to touch the sand touched by us commoners, only the best Fiberglass and Gel-Coat for you......
    Congrats, at least ya got some big blues.....

Quote Originally Posted by rip316 View Post
    they must have had finchaser rods and speedys pocket rockets because they were getting it out there.
    My nephews first time tangling with a blue. His words and ecpressions of " holy ****" when he had his blue of at least 27" on was priceless and watching his dad smile at his son was worth every bit of it. Great day on the water.

Ya didn't take the bait about the Googan comment?
    I'm surprised and a little disappointed, Rip....
    You're turning into a serious angler......no fun anymore...
    No more all-night marathons for Mr Rip, what sadness has come to Mudville....

That's ok, all good bro, ya know I was just trying to get a rise out of ya.....

The comments you made about your nephew catching his first bluefish.....and the excitement....that's what it's all about.....nothing like a smile on a kid's face when he or she catch their first fish, especially an angry bluefish.....Good for him, and good for you...and his Dad.....

well its back to skunkvill for me go out early went to amboy fished the river and then the kill i missed the tide it was going out fast and i do meen fast 5 oz 6 oz would not hold plugs hit the water and just take off with the tide lost one good blue and that was it i could tell my buzzards luck was not gone !!!! i am going back out to try again

Quote Originally Posted by gjb1969 View Post
    i missed the tide it was going out fast and i do meen fast 5 oz 6 oz would not hold plugs hit the water and just take off with the tide lost
    Fish the slack. Even Crazy Alberto says this. Bettter luck next time.
    I fished the raritan Fri afternoon. We had been getting fish on poppers. Yesterday it was a metal bite and they wouldn't hit poppers at all where I was. Managed 21 bluefish to 5lbs on krokodiles. The action was best around 6pm when a shool of small bait moved in. Then it stopped completely 1/2 hour before sunset. Today went back for a repeat, I started a little earlier. There were only a few of us there. We all got skunked.
    gjb, it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Ya didn't take the bait about the Googan comment?
    I'm surprised and a little disappointed, Rip....
    You're turning into a serious angler......no fun anymore...
    No more all-night marathons for Mr Rip, what sadness has come to Mudville....

That's ok, all good bro, ya know I was just trying to get a rise out of ya.....

The comments you made about your nephew catching his first bluefish.....and the excitement....that's what it's all about.....nothing like a smile on a kid's face when he or she catch their first fish, especially an angry bluefish.....Good for him, and good for you...and his Dad.....

I have turned over a new leaf. No more sarcasm or smart allec remarks. hahahahahahahahaha

Fished out front this morning 1:00 to 7:00, two areas a good 10+ miles apart, then bay side 7:30 to 9:30. Skunkzilla .
    Nice night, water was stained/dirty in all places. Some nice size rollers out front every once and a while (managed to not get knocked over ).
    Water felt cold.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Nice night, water was stained/dirty in all places. Some nice size rollers out front every once and a while (managed to not get knocked over ).
    Water felt cold.
    The bay got a lot colder and dirty monty. Don't know how far back you were but there is like this brown stain for the first 200 feet out there. I fished last night and we lucked into a great bay bluefish bite. The bunker where everywhere in this one cove. If you didn't have a blue every 5 minutes you werent trying. All hit on bunker chunks. They wouldn't touch heads and there were no bass to eat the heads. Blues were from 26-33" which was good as a lot of small ones have been around lately. The bunker eventually moved out and it shut off.

Returned there tonight and nadda.
    I Like that ocean pic monty. You were lucky you didn't get knocked over.

Fished yesterday pm in the island beach area. Incomeing tide, needed 8 oz with clams and it wasn't really holding just rolling around. El skunko.

We trolled Shrews Rocks Sunday for some nicer fish. It was pretty sporty out there. Bunker were thiick. We trolled bunker spoons and got 2 bass to 33lbs, both released. Also some big blues.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast