Thread: What are they doing with all the False Albacore the party boats are catching?

Default What are they doing with all the False Albacore the party boats are catching?

I have seen the party boats go out for bluefish for a while now. They have been catching both bluefish and false albacore. From what I read here and on other

sites they are not good eating. What do they do with them if you can't eat them? Thanks

Default Re: What are they doing with all the False Albacore the party boats are catching?

Orientals and Mexicans eat them

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Default Re: What are they doing with all the False Albacore the party boats are catching?

And everything else that swims except bunker.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

You see a piece of crap floating on a plank out there? the Asians would take it home and eat it if they hooked it.

Thats what albies taste like anyway, crap on a shingle. I don't go on party boats so much because I am tired of seeing them stuff the short fish into their food coolers, or fillet them at sea and hide them in their jackets and bags. To say nothing of they dont know how to tip. A group of Asians will come on the boat, at least 4 or 5, let the mate fillet their whole catch, and wont even tip one dollar. Cheap, short-fish taking basstids. If you let Asians make the fishing laws we would have nothing left in the ocean.

Correct Sir, Arrogant people for the most part also.
    Cranky Old Bassturd.

Anyway, Albies are just for fun. Should be just releasing them.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post

I think they even use them as low end sushi if you can cut the bloody parts out.

It's illegal to keep them with out a tuna permit

Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    You see a piece of crap floating on a plank out there? the Asians would take it home and eat it if they hooked it.

Thats what albies taste like anyway, crap on a shingle. I don't go on party boats so much because I am tired of seeing them stuff the short fish into their food coolers, or fillet them at sea and hide them in their jackets and bags. To say nothing of they dont know how to tip. A group of Asians will come on the boat, at least 4 or 5, let the mate fillet their whole catch, and wont even tip one dollar. Cheap, short-fish taking basstids. If you let Asians make the fishing laws we would have nothing left in the ocean.

Apparently someone is eating them jigfreak. This is a video of Pablo aka capt Paul Peluso on how to prepare albacore

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jigfreak View Post
    You see a piece of crap floating on a plank out there?
    Thats what albies taste like anyway, crap on a shingle.
    I thought that too, and now a chef was interviewed in NYT talking about how good they are. Wacky world.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/30/sp...y-pursuit.html

blech!

sold to Mexicans at dock as Green tuna