Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Default Re: NJ Fishing Reports for October 2012.....www.StripersandAnglers.com

Congrats to all those getting out there.....

There are some very nice fish around right now...the opportunity is there even if you swing and miss. If you work hard enough it could be the fish of a lifetime....

With that in mind I set out last night to target some.

I usually fish alone, but last night some of had a plan to target some bigger ones. We changed the plans several times as different things developed.
    One of the group drives 2 hours to get to where we fish, every time, and I was more concerned about him and his friend getting fish as they don't get to fish as often as we do.....

With that, they started at point B...I started at Point A...not too far from them, each of us trying to target fish that would be following bunker.

They struck gold....
    I stubbornly refused to find them, instead believing I would find numbers where I was....

I did manage one (barely) legal bass, ML swimmer, released. A lot of work for that one fish,...no other action at all for me...

Met up with another friend later on, 2 hours after the action had died. We felt we could find some fish anyway, and fished hard all night.
    Nothing for either of us despite some promising signs.

The fish are always a bonus...but one of the things I groove on when I'm out there are the conditions.....the things that make you drool as a surf fisherman when you are out there....fishable clean water, good winds and tides, decent swell, not too big, not too flat......

Last night was one of the most perfect nights for surfcasting yet....the calm before the storm....
    I'm sick right now with a bad cold.... and was suppoosed to be taking it easy...but as is my pattern, pushed it till I dropped and had to crash for 2 hours.....

The opportunity is here, now, and has been for the last 5 days.....
    These perfect conditions will be smashed into smithereens after this storm......

Fast trip this morning, 5-8am. One short on a blk/purple hackle teaser at sun up, 'ats it. Saw no bait, no activity at all. Gulls were on the beach watching me beat the doo-doo outta the water with various so-called producers ( I'm not sure, but I think they were laughing at me). Did see hoardes of fisherman in my usually deserted area. Time enjoyed, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by vpass View Post
    Fished yesterday morning first light to 12 noon. Walked on the beach looking for bunker, water was like glass. as I just noticed the PB there was eruption of large amount of white water. I cast just pass the eruption and hooked up instantly. after a long run i landed my largest bass this year 23 pounds on the boga. I ended up catching another 3 bass from 13 to 18 pounds. the 18 was weighted on the boga others were approximated. A boat came in super fast and ran over the school of bass. The bass were put down and was not able to locate them again F'ing Boats.

Still a great report, Vpass. I know your time out there is limited as well....last year you had multiple fish in the high teens and I believe a little bigger for many of your trips in Oct....the way you described stalking yesterday's fish was great to hear.....glad ya got some....

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    Gulls were on the beach watching me beat the doo-doo outta the water with various so-called producers ( I'm not sure, but I think they were laughing at me). .
    Um....I believe you may have run into the laughing gulls....I asked King Neptune to send them to your beach to help you understand what a perimeter is...... Great report nonetheless...I know you don't have many chances out there surfwalker....if you did your catches might give Finchaser's a run for the $$....

congrats to everyone who is getting out there...it isn't always easy as it sounds.....

Let's here it for marathon man, who won't believe like every fall the fish are feeding in daylight and yes there are a few caught at night but not many especially when they are on any size bunker. For the past 5 days it's shut down around 8pm and starts up around 5am. Now he's gone and made himself sick and with the hurricane will be suicidal so no more googan stories. Monty will be the only happy one having a 5 day orgasmic experience with all the white water. For me I will seek out the back until it floods. Bait has been pouring back into the inlets, rivers and bays the last 2 tides.

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Bait has been pouring back into the inlets, rivers and bays the last 2 tides.
    Yes, I noticed the last 2 days that the PB were heading north, back into the river. Hope they don't get flushed away with the storm, but it doesn't look good. We are going to depend on the bait further up north to start thing up again.

Quote Originally Posted by surfwalker View Post
    One short on a blk/purple hackle teaser at sun up, 'ats it. Gulls were on the beach watching me beat the doo-doo outta the water with various so-called producers ( I'm not sure, but I think they were laughing at me). Did see hoardes of fisherman in my usually deserted area. Time enjoyed, nonetheless.
    More than likely you were the opening act, wait till the gulls get a look at me in the AM, I'll do my best to keep them entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Congrats to all those getting out there.....
    I did manage one (barely) legal bass, ML swimmer, released. A lot of work for that one fish,...no other action at all for me...
    Last night was one of the most perfect nights for surfcasting yet....the calm before the storm....
    I'm sick right now with a bad cold.... and was suppoosed to be taking it easy...but as is my pattern, pushed it till I dropped and had to crash for 2 hours.....
    Dark I hope you feel better soon, this storm should give you some time off, won't be missing anything.
    Ditto to the congrats to the guys getting out there, been some great action per the reports.

Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
    Monty will be the only happy one having a 5 day orgasmic experience with all the white water.
    It will be a white water extravaganza.....and then some.
    Maybe dust off some jettys, move around some of last years beach replenishment sand?

Was looking at one of those surfer sites that forecast wave heights.
    Yesterday if I remember correctly they were calling for 10-12 footers Tuesday. They are now forecasting a high of 24 feet. That seems ridicules.
    White Water Monty 2.00 (WWM)
    Future Long Islander (ASAP)

^ Monty surely you aren't going surf fishing in that weather. You are worse than dark! great catches guys kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    ^ Monty surely you aren't going surf fishing in that weather. You are worse than dark! great catches guys kudos!
    No way would I be even close to the ocean in the weather we are going to get, (not sure how bad it will be tonight, planning on checking it out). Worse than Dark? . I may throw a plug in a tree, fall in a 4 foot hole on the beach, bury a hook in my pinky (yanking the plug from the tree), hook myself in my back with a plug (and not be able to reach it....a few times), and maybe a couple/few other googan things.....but worse than Dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    . I may throw a plug in a tree, fall in a 4 foot hole on the beach, bury a hook in my pinky (yanking the plug from the tree), hook myself in my back with a plug (and not be able to reach it....a few times),
    I am very curious how you would be able to hook yourself in the back with a plug more than once. No offence, maybe your jacket has a tab on it and you thought it was a hook holder? You know, the kinds of tabs they have on the back of ski jackets to hang them up when done skiing.
    You realy aren't going fishing in this weather are you? The winds are predicted to reach 30mph tomorrow. How could you even begin to fish in something like that. Far better to relax in front of the fire with a glass of Jim Beam.

Fished a few stops in the Hook today it was good to get out . News trucks all over the place
    Sea bright had sand piled up at acess points
    Waves wern't that bad

fished tonight 5 to7 released 4 bass to 27" getting ugly

Pay attention to what history has taught us or be prepared to relive it again

Congrats finchaser thanks for the heads up! bababooey why don't you lay off monty. I think he is a GREAT fisherman. He is funny too and has some of the best pics on here. No one is perfect. Could you fish for 10 hours at a time without getting tired or making a goof? I for one enjoy the stories he posts up.

Quote Originally Posted by cowherder View Post
    Congrats finchaser thanks for the heads up! bababooey why don't you lay off monty. I think he is a GREAT fisherman. He is funny too and has some of the best pics on here. No one is perfect. Could you fish for 10 hours at a time without getting tired or making a goof? I for one enjoy the stories he posts up.

It's all in good fun, thank you for the compliments, I enjoy bababooy's humor. I never take anything serious, if I can get a few laughs at my expense its good. Hook in the back happened in cranking wind, one of the times a guy walked by and started talking to me, made sure I faced him the whole time, didn't want him to see the hook in back, would have felt silly.

Fished this morning bayside, 2:00-4:15, was told area closes at 5:00 am so had to cut trip short.. Found some nice white water and lots of wind, lost a nice fish on speedy's chartreuse BD after it took some drag, had it in close, water was turbulent, lost it....urghhh. Then on a gold Danny caught around a 32 inch blue (miracle I landed it). Was a safe and fun trip. Took a ride and looked at the ocean, its very dangerous, wind is cranking. Have a feeling this is going to be a terrible storm at the Jersey coast.

Pics of the ocean here: http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...2987#post62987

^^ I had a feeling ya were gonna be out there....
    You got the last of that open window,,,,maybe........Nice work, and glad ya made it home safe and sound.....

I just posted this below on facebook......The think that stinks about the next 5 days being a wash is that I cut my time down from being an hour late to the blitz down to 15 mins late, I would have those bastards eventually. I fished like a million hours between friday evening til dark sat and got 1.5 fish.

Time to keep it real- Where's todays reports?? I dont mean just here, all of internet guys couldn't wait for storm to hit and to be on the jetty with it blowing @30 with waves crashing over the head, BIG weather BIG Fish out front,.......log and learn

Quote Originally Posted by SharkHart View Post
    Time to keep it real- Where's todays reports?? I dont mean just here, all of internet guys couldn't wait for storm to hit and to be on the jetty with it blowing @30 with waves crashing over the head, BIG weather BIG Fish out front,.......log and learn
    Dont feel bad sharkheart I have been running and gunning myself. You find one nice pod of fish, you miss out on 10. It is like finding a needle in a haystack unless you are in a club with a cell phone chain. As for the crazies fishing the noreaster have you seen the facebook pundits talking about how good the fishing will be after? Where are they today? I checked some cams. For some reason didn't see any fishermen .

Monty hope you were not offended by what I said. I was joshing you. Be safe out there gents.

You might have just caught the last fish of the fall run monty. Good job.

Fished route 36 Water was dirty
    Snagged a stop sign ....
    saw some bait by a gasation but nothing on them
    Jigged a alley way .. some fast moving water .. nothing
    thought I saw a swirl ...might have been a drain

Madcaster did you try using bucktails? Fish might be on the bottom lol.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast