Here is a letter that has been written...very easy to C&P and send......please do it if you can find the time.....thanks!

"If you can't make it to one of these public hearings, we strongly urge RFA members to take 3 minutes and submit public comment online," Martin said. Public comment must be received by March 1 and can be submitted electronically via the Federal e-Rulemaking Portal.

1. To mail in your comments, send to:

Maria Brown, Sanctuary Superintendent

Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary
991Marine Drive, The Presidio
San Francisco, CA 94129

2. You can also use the sample letter below by copying and pasting into the comments section at www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=NOAA-NOS-2012-0228

Dear Ms. Brown,

I am writing to oppose the expansion of the Gulf of Farallones and Cordell Banks National Marine Sanctuaries. I do not support additional no-fishing zones.

The Sanctuaries need to guarantee in writing that they will not be proposing, implementing or promulgating fishing regulations within the boundaries of the Sanctuary, including marine protected areas. Until then, we will have a constant battle between the fishing community and the Sanctuaries, rather than a partnership. The Sanctuary does not have staff with the biological expertise, nor the experience with existing fishery management required to get involved with fishery management.

I question whether the Sanctuary has the authority to more than double its size on its own, citing Section 304(e) of the National Marine Sanctuary Act. If it does, what is the limit to Sanctuary authorities?

I question whether simply expanding the Sanctuary will have any effect, one way or another, on the ocean "upwellings" in the area, the "protection" of which is the stated purpose of the expansion.

I request that the public comment period be extended to allow the Pacific Fisheries Management Council to consider the expansion and comment.

Respectfully,

(Your Name and address)