Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
From finchaser answering Leadheads comment

Thanks leadhead
I follow years of patterns I've logged and put in lots of hours. It was a slow year for bass compared to other years well under my yearly average .Remember I fish mostly everyday when conditions are right and only report catches. Been at this close to 50 years started when limit was 10 fish at 18 inches and seen it all never thought I'd see a decline as fast as this especially with this YOY average at .89 lowest ever.
Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
Fin and I were talking about this......and we knew it was time for another thread.....
(I can imagine as many of you are reading this, you are simultaneously rolling your eyes.......and thinking "No, not again! When is he gonna get off this bandwagon....I'm sick of hearing it....all this Negativity! Sick of hearing it and I don't want to listen anymore! ")

If that's the way you feel, fine, but I would like to remind the skeptics out there...that those who do not remember the sins of the past, are doomed to repeat them........

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
This is a recent number for the Chesapeake YOY....
Other numbers for the Hudson and Delaware stocks may be different........
The significance, is that this stat is 90% less than when the YOY showing was at it's highest.

Yes you read those figures right, folks.....90% less.......

If you don't understand or disagree with these stats as they relate to the striped bass population....feel free to bring that up as well...and we'll try our best to answer these questions, by sharing what those who fish every day....are seeing......

Thanks for reading, folks......
Quote Originally Posted by finchaser View Post
there are full charts to back all this up in thismonths Saltwater Sportsman magazine

Just a refresher of the posts on the first page....seamonkey thanks for posting that chart, and others for their comments as well.... Remember if you disagree and can back it up with a few years of current data or your logs please feel free to post that.....

I finally found that article online after Fin mailed it to me...so I'll try to post in it's entirety below, along with some comments....
To me this is more important than how many big fish will be caught this year....grateful to those here who have found the time to post...
The article...
http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/sp...s-striped-bass